PhotoShop CS3 vs. Leopard: Have prolems been solved?

LD
Posted By
Louise_Demetre
Apr 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a question regarding the Bridge and Leopard.. my mom recently bought a brand new Macbook Pro which came with Leopard already installed but after installing CS3 everytime she opened the Bridge it crashed.. does anyone else have this problem and if so, how do you fix it? I ask because I am considering load Leopard onto my Macbook Pro but as I use the bridge a lot I don’t want Leopard operating system crashing the bridge as it currently works just fine on Tiger.

Thansk

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 4, 2008
Did you install the Leopard and CS3 updates on your mother’s computer? They are essential.

As for using Leopard on your machine at this time? I would have second thoughts!
B
Buko
Apr 4, 2008
I am considering load Leopard onto my Macbook Pro

Stay with Tiger until you here the reports about 10.5.3 so far it fixes over 100 problems. 10.5.2 fixed close to 150 so this has to be the buggiest OS’ Apple has ever released.
LD
Louise_Demetre
Apr 4, 2008
Where do I get the updates from?
B
Buko
Apr 4, 2008
Same place you get all your OS updates, Apple.
GP
Gary_Politzer
Apr 6, 2008
Stay with Tiger until you here the reports about 10.5.3 so far it fixes over 100 problems. 10.5.2 fixed close to 150 so this has to be the buggiest OS’ Apple has ever released.

Yes. Glad to find somebody who agrees with me. I have seen more bugs in the month I have been running Leopard than in the 2 years I used Tiger. A wide range of bugs, not just in Photoshop, in fact, not primarily in Photoshop. But the bug I get in Photoshop on my PPC machine is a show-stopper: Program Error after a while of pounding on Photoshop. Doesn’t happen on my Intel Macbook Pro.
T
Troger1
Jul 30, 2008
Is anyone out there having problems with Photoshop 10.0.1 preferences in Leopard. I’ve read lots of problems in the forums but have not seed the problems I’m experiencing. When allocating scratch disks, setting the number of history states, and selecting the "remember palette locations", then restart for those changes to take effect, none of them do. Photoshop keeps reverting to the boot drive as the only scratch disk, history states revert to 20, and palettes go back to my primary instead of my secondary screen. I’ve updated any and everything from Adobe and Apple, now running 10.5.4, and still nothing has changed.

Once again I’m reverting back to Tiger which has none of these or many other problems.

Any help anybody?
P
PShock
Jul 31, 2008
I must be blessed …. I’m not experiencing a single issue with Leopard and PSCS3. Preferences stay put, Wacom works great, it’s fast and I can’t remember the last time PS crashed. I’d even go so far as saying 10.5.4, PS 10.1 and my Mac Pro is the most stable combination I’ve used in 14.5 years.

On the QuickLook/Finder preview thing … even going back to 10.4 and maybe even 10.3, OSX (for whatever reason), ignores the composite view if an alpha channel is present and displays an alpha’d preview instead. I assume it’s because OSX utilizes CoreImage which understands alpha channels – why it hasn’t been resolved I have no idea. The point is … Tiger won’t help in this regard except in eliminating QuickLook from the mix.

-phil
RD
robert denton
Aug 7, 2008
OK here’s what I do for the QuickLook/Finder preview problem with alpha channels.

In each document I create a full document alpha channel and simply place it above all my other alpha channels.

Problem solved.
RA
Richard_Arns
Dec 20, 2008
Hello
How do I assign scratch disks in CS3 and Leopard 10.5.6? No scratch disk selection shows up anywhere.
Richard
R
Ram
Dec 20, 2008
Photoshop > Preferences > Performance >
MR
Mike_Romeau
Dec 20, 2008
Louise

For the recent up date try this.

< http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_X_10_5_6_Combo_Upd ate> The safety way of downloading future up dates is from the apple website.

Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections