Automating Silent Printing Without launching GUI of Photoshop, fails in Adobe Photoshop 6.0

VL
Posted By
vikram_lamba
Nov 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear All,

Requirement: The requirement is that i want to automate the printing of the photoshop document in all version of Adobe Photoshop, without launching the GUI of the Adobe Photoshop application. That is The Adobe photoshop application GUI should be in a hidden mode when Photoshop document is opened, printed and closed.

Steps Done: I studied the Photoshop Automation document and find there is a way to automate the printing of the document. The steps for which is as follows

1) When photoshop is installed i gave the reference of the COM Dll ( Photoshop 4.0 type library ) in my C# project
2) Then i did the following steps as shown below

PhotoshopTypeLibrary.PhotoshopApplicationClass ps = new PhotoshopApplicationClass();

IAutoPSDoc doc;

ps.Visible = false;

doc = ps.Open(@"c:\port\abc.psd");

bool b = false;

b = ps.PlayAction("Prn");

doc.Close();

ps.Quit();

Problem : The application is launched in a hidden mode , when document is opened, printed and closed in Adobe Photoshop 5.5 version.

But when the executable is run on a machine in which Adobe Photoshop 6.0 is installed, when the object of the Photshop application is made, then the GUI of the application is laucnhed. The Application should launch in HIDDEN mode always. Is there any way to do it? any document or help will be greatly appreciated

regards
Vikram Singh Lamba

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Nov 23, 2006
Sounds more like a question for the PS scripting forum:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bbf2765>
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 24, 2006
The API differs for the different versions of Photoshop. DDE instructions written for a particular version of Photoshop may not have the same results when passed to a different version of Photoshop. Try the scripting forum, but you may not be able to find a satisfactory answer.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections