How to create "diamond" paragraph break insert for text with Photoshop or Elements

PS
Posted By
Paul Soderman
Apr 17, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m creating an insert in which I would like to utilize small diamond shapes in between certain sections or paragraphs. There likely is a term for what I want to do, but I cannot describe it any better than this. Realizing that the shapes will have to be placed inside a text frame or layer, is there anyone who could get me pointed in the right direction as to how to achieve such a result using either Photoshop or Elements, on a Mac with OS 10.4?

Thanks much for any help!
Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TB
Tony Blair
Apr 17, 2007
"Paul Soderman" wrote in message
I’m creating an insert in which I would like to utilize small diamond shapes in between certain sections or paragraphs. There likely is a term for what I want to do, but I cannot describe it any better than this. Realizing that the shapes will have to be placed inside a text frame or layer, is there anyone who could get me pointed in the right direction as to how to achieve such a result using either Photoshop or Elements, on a Mac with OS 10.4?

Paul

?Do you mean something like this??
I used the symbol category from the insert menu in Word to find something suitable – this ? was symbol 2666 in Arial and was also available in Times and probably lots of others, I copied this over to Photoshop without problem!!
TB
Tony Blair
Apr 17, 2007
"Harry Limey" wrote in message

I used the symbol category from the insert menu in Word to find something suitable – this ? was symbol 2666 in Arial and was also available in Times and probably lots of others, I copied this over to Photoshop without problem!!

Well it seems the diamond shape pastes quite easily from Word to Photoshop by the method I mention above!! but although it also pastes perfectly into these untransmitted text messages, once they are transmitted the diamonds become ?? which sort of loses a little of the intended impact!! Still try it for yourself!!
PS
Paul Soderman
Apr 17, 2007
On Apr 17, 5:09 pm, "Harry Limey" wrote:
"Harry Limey" wrote in message

I used the symbol category from the insert menu in Word to find something suitable – this ? was symbol 2666 in Arial and was also available in Times and probably lots of others, I copied this over toPhotoshopwithout problem!!

Well it seems thediamondshape pastes quite easily from Word toPhotoshop by the method I mention above!! but although it also pastes perfectly into these untransmitted text messages, once they are transmitted the diamonds become ?? which sort of loses a little of the intended impact!! Still try it for yourself!!

Harry:
This seems to work OK; thanks!!
Paul
K
KatWoman
Apr 18, 2007
"Paul Soderman" wrote in message

Paul

symbol fonts

on Win we have Character Map to "shop" through (not sure the equivalent on Mac?)

you can use the alt key plus the number given on the number pad (not your number keys at top of letters)
there are also many fonts that have the card playing symbols heart diamond etc
custom shapes may also work, but it would be preferable to use them in the fonts for your purposes

? 9830 2666 ♦ BLACK DIAMOND SUIT (present in WGL4 and in Symbol font)

http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/miscellaneous_symbols.html

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections