RL
Posted By
Rick_Lecoat
Feb 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got a logo image (PNG format) that I need to drop into Word (ugh). It sits on top of a Word ‘autoshape’ set to the same colour as the logo’s background colour (RGB: 255/173/33). But the logo and the autoshape’s colours appear subtly different on screen when the PNG is imported into Word. I’ve got the logo image set to have NO colour profile (ie. not colour managed).

Can anyone offer any help here? My Word knowledge is sketchy at best. Cheers.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Feb 13, 2007
convert to sRGB…try using jpeg format…search for color problems with png…
KJ
Kathryn_Jenkins
Feb 13, 2007
Is it possible to convert it to a GIF? That would let you lock the background colour (or as many colours as you need to lock).
B
Bernie
Feb 13, 2007
But the logo and the autoshape’s colours appear subtly different on screen when the PNG is imported into Word.

If you final destination is print, then as ong as they print hte same, you should have no problem.
R
Ram
Feb 13, 2007
But the logo and the autoshape’s colours appear subtly different on screen

Subtly? Since Word is not color managed, you should pay no attention to it. But CN hits the nail on the head: how does it print?
PF
Peter_Figen
Feb 14, 2007
Word effectively operates in Monitor RGB. That’s what should be assigned to the file to view that set RGB numbers in Photoshop. The only thing that matters are that the numbers are the same. Unless the Photoshop numbers are specifcially filled as the same as the RGB numbers in Word, you may indeed see a subtle difference, as Photoshop will generate percentages of RGB values and still read whole numbers.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections