Posted By
Sean
Feb 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I have just atarted learning Photoshop at TAFE and have a few questions.

1) The book mentions using CTRL + SHFT + ALT to resotre default settings, this doesn’t seem to do anything when I use it.

2) a prefs.psp file is mentioned as the file that contains all the settings so they can be easily restored, I have searched for this file but am unable to find it.

3) If I am creating various items like Swatches, window display settings etc where are all the various customised setings stored so I can save and restore them when I do a fresh installation of Photoshop as I don’t want to lose these.

Thanks

Sean

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bhilton665
Feb 24, 2004

1) The book mentions using CTRL + SHFT + ALT to resotre default settings, this doesn’t seem to do anything when I use it.

I think you have to do this while Photoshop is loading.

2) a prefs.psp file is mentioned as the file that contains all the settings so they can be easily restored, I have searched for this file but am unable to find it.

Exact location depends on the operating system but you can find it by doing a string search for "prefs" with "show hidden files" enabled.

In XP, for example, the CS prefs file is called "Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp" and located at C:\ Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings (hope I got all that right).
A
AlwaysRight
Feb 24, 2004
in article , Sean at
wrote on 02/23/2004 5:29 PM:

Did you make changes from the default?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections