Switching user – cannot use photoshop (V. 7)

PB
Posted By
Pat_Bensky
Feb 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using V7 on my Powerbook without problem for some time. Today I set up a new user account. I cannot use Photoshop under the new user name – the application looks like a folder instead of an application icon and when I double-click on it it says "There is no default application specified to open the document Adobe Photoshop 7.0. I tried reinstalling it but the CD is an upgrade and it asks me to locate the original version, but that isn’t on the machine any more, and also it won’t accept the serial number from the previous version (5.5) which was also an upgrade from god only knows what version. And now when I log back in under my original name I get the same problem! So I can’t use it at all! Help!!!!! I have tried repairing permissions on the disk – didn’t help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Feb 2, 2007
Try adding an ".app" extension to the filename of the application icon. It might just do the trick for you.

And don’t forget to apply the free and mandatory Photoshop 7.0.1 update. It contains MANY bug fixes.
R
Ram
Feb 2, 2007
As for the serial number issue, call Adobe customer support. They will straighten it out for you if your old version is registered with Adobe.
PB
Pat_Bensky
Feb 4, 2007
Thank you very much for your replies. I will try the .app extension (can’t do it right now, as my sister has borrowed the laptop!)
Pat

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections