Posted By
Peter_Vogel
Feb 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS on my G5 with Mac OS X 10.4.8

Certain keyboard shortcuts don’t work. Hitting spacebar to move image around or Apple/Option to magnify,

I have had this problem before and fixed it, but somehow when i updated my OS the problem reapeared and either i can’t remember how i fixed it or what i did doen’t work any more. I looked at the archives here and tried some of the remedies, but none work. I seem to recall I unclicked items in the System preferences Keyboard window… but that doesn’t seem to work now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Peter

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Feb 1, 2007
You need to change the system shortcuts in system Prefs
PV
Peter_Vogel
Feb 1, 2007
I have tried going to the System Prefs/Keyboard and unclicking everything and restarting my computer, but it still doesn’t work…
G
gskibum
Feb 2, 2007
Don’t do the restart. That always reverts my changes to defaults on one of my systems.
PV
Peter_Vogel
Feb 2, 2007
I have turned off the System Prefs/Keyboard and and restarted, and done it without restarting many times but it still doesn’t work. Maybe i will reinstall Photoshop and see if that helps…
B
Buko
Feb 2, 2007
Have you trashed your photo prefs?

Does everything work as it should in a new user?
PV
Peter_Vogel
Feb 2, 2007
I just tried trashing my photo prefs and that didn’t resolve it… Everything else seems to work.
B
Buko
Feb 2, 2007
What about a new user?
PV
Peter_Vogel
Feb 2, 2007
Changing user worked! Thanks!!! I appreciate your help.

But wow, how do I go about finding what was causing the problem so I can correct it?
B
Buko
Feb 2, 2007
You have some corruption in the old user account that seems to be screwing with you.

I would do an Archive and Install It will save your settings and apps giving you a fresh system and user.
PV
Peter_Vogel
Feb 2, 2007
I’ll give that a try… thanks again.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections