SP
Posted By
steve_peters
Jan 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using CS2 on a Quad G5 and I can not get the keyboard shortcuts Command + option + E, Command + E, or Command + Option + Shift + E to work? I also tried them in CS and they aren’t working there either. I have gone in an created some custom keyboard short cuts. I use the F10 key for merging down, command + F10 for merge visible and Command + Option + F10 for merge all. Could this be the problem?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DK
Doug_Katz
Jan 28, 2007
Well, yeah, if I understand you correctly! You replaced the standard shortcuts with those custom ones. So of course the standard ones won’t work.

Am I not understanding you?
JF
john_findley
Jan 28, 2007
IME creating new shortcuts is redundant, but not exclusive.
DK
Doug_Katz
Jan 28, 2007
Really? How do you create a second shortcut for any given command? I think setting a custom shortcut replaces whatever key combination was there before. This isn’t so?
SP
steve_peters
Jan 28, 2007
You are correct Doug. I just reverted back to the photoshop default shortcuts and now it works. I thought that maybe stamp and merge where two different things.
DK
Doug_Katz
Jan 28, 2007
Really? How do you create a second shortcut for any given command? I think setting a custom shortcut replaces whatever key combination was there before. This isn’t so?
DK
Doug_Katz
Jan 28, 2007
(Post 3 is for John, not Steve.)
JF
john_findley
Jan 28, 2007
My intention was to point out that you can create more than one shortcut for the same command; that creating a new shortcut for Merge Down doesn’t replace Command-E, just makes it redundant. So I couldn’t understand why his creating custom shortcuts would cancel the defaults.

Obviously I misinterpreted his problem.
JF
john_findley
Jan 29, 2007
Really? How do you create a second shortcut for any given command?

Just push the "Add Shortcut" button. 🙂
DK
Doug_Katz
Jan 29, 2007
Wow. Never knew that. I always thought the only way to customize is to enter the field where the default shortcut displays, then replace it. Never realized Add Shortcut actually creates a new one in ADDITION to whatever exists. Thanks, John.
JF
john_findley
Jan 29, 2007
You’re welcome. Hard to see why, other than some psychological aberration, one would want more than one shortcut for the same action, taking up valuable keyboard space.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections