putting multiple photos together – can i balance color to match?

MM
Posted By
Michael_Meyer
Jan 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
putting together a panorama consisting of a series of photos. of couse, they slightly need brightness matching. how can you do this in photoshop? i can’t find what I need. thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DR
Donald_Reese
Jan 28, 2007
You could use layer masks to accomplish this. duplicating a layer and using multiply to darken or screen to lighten will get you started. you can use the opacity slider to finesse the thing and then refine it by painting on the layer mask.
MM
Michael_Meyer
Jan 28, 2007
OK, thanks. That helped a lot.

But I still have some fine tuning to do. For example, the absolute middle picture is where the light primarily goes from darker (left) to lighter (right). So I can’t get it quite balanced. On both sides, the lights/blues (snow) are slightly bluer and slightly whiter both. And I can’t quite get it. The rest is fine, except what didn’t match quite as good as the rest is the skyline (this is a panoramic photo from the top of a large ski bowl, so it’s primarily blues and whites.

Thanks!!!
PC
Paul_Cutler
Jan 28, 2007
I recently did one of these from 5 photos that were shot with auto exposure so they were all slightly different.

I used Curve adjustment layers and looked at them channel by channel to get them to match up. Worked really well.

peace
DR
Donald_Reese
Jan 28, 2007
Generally putting your camera on manual and keeping the exposure consistent throughout is a better way to do these, but on real wide shots,it inevitably will have darker and lighter regions. overlapping around 50 percent makes blending easier in the end.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections