F
Posted By
fotografica
Jan 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am not sure this is the correct forum for this questions but I need to start somewhere.

I do a lot of product photography which is used for web, catalogues, etc. Now I need to produce 360 views of products (Backpacks, Clothing (jackets and pants on forms).

Does anyone have experience doing this type of work and can give me suggestions as to go about this?

Thanks!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
jonf
Jan 24, 2007
What exactly are you asking? Do you want to know how best to set up your photos so you’ll have the easiest time editing them in Photoshop? Or something else entirely?

Typically I’d recommend shooting all your product shots against a seamless white background. I’ve always found that to be the easiest way to deal with catalog-type images that will need to go onto white pages. The background can be easily selected and adjusted to a pure white, saving you the bother of trying to do clipping paths on 350 images.

But maybe you’re asking something completely different!
DR
Donald_Reese
Jan 25, 2007
He wants to do images in a complete 360 degree view, not 360 images. i think like you see in some online things like some of the camera manufacturers use to look at the entire camera from front to back.
F
fotografica
Jan 25, 2007
Exactly Donald, I want to do 360 degree view of the products. I am confident shooting the products.

All I know now is I need 36 phots of the product rotated 10 degrees for each take.

My question is once I have all the images ready which what software is best to use to get all this images together so the viewer can rotate the product.

Ana
DR
Donald_Reese
Jan 25, 2007
Sorry,i cant be more help,but i am sure someone here knows.
DR
Donald_Reese
Jan 25, 2007
B
Bernie
Jan 25, 2007
My question is once I have all the images ready which what software is best to use to get all this images together so the viewer can rotate the product.

The only time I’ve done this was with Quicktime VR and that was like 10 years ago, I don’t even know if that’s tstill around, but somehow I doubt it…
JF
john_findley
Jan 25, 2007
GoRound appears to be Windows-only.
PT
Phil_Taz
Jan 25, 2007
You could just make the 36 pics into an imageready animation….pretty easy and no extra software required. The drawback is that the looker cant control the rotation, but you could set it to keep rotating slowly.
B
Bernie
Jan 25, 2007
The drawback is that the looker cant control the rotation

I hesitate to say this but…Flash?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections