Posted By
rose_bud
Jan 24, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Im trying out the new CS3 Photoshop on the new Mac Pro Intel

When I go to my brush, I cannot see how big it is, like in CS2 etc..which makes it impossible to retouch!

Does anyone know why this is?

I do not have my caps on…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Jan 24, 2007
R
Ram
Jan 24, 2007
Never mind your preferences, check the CS3 beta FAQ, or the gazillion existing threads on the subject on the CS3 beta forums.

Bottom line: it’s a known bug with CS3beta running on Mac-Intel machines.

The workaround is to run CS3beta in Rosetta, or to revert to CS2.
RB
rose_bud
Jan 24, 2007
I thought that CS2 worked automatically with Rosetta, and that the new CS3 did’nt have to as it was designed for the new Intel’s…

Are you saying that if it’s a known bug on beta, I will have to wait for the actual version to come out? That seems a little silly, is’nt the whole point of the beta version so that we can test it?

and as for this bit "or the gazillion existing threads on the subject on the CS3 beta forums. "
thought it might be easier just to ask the question rather than sifting through the "gazillion’s of existing threads" !!!
B
Buko
Jan 24, 2007
Well had you gone to the CS3 forums the first thing you you see are the FAQs and being a good little Beta tester you would have read about all the problems so you could give Adobe good productive feedback.
R
Ram
Jan 24, 2007
Are you saying that if it’s a known bug on beta, I will have to wait for the actual version to come out?

YES.

is’nt the whole point of the beta version so that we can test it?

It’s a beta. That means unfinished, full of bugs. Beta testers should know what they are doing. The beta is NOT supported.

Please post in the CS3 beta forums where your comments mean something, not here where they don’t.

thought it might be easier just to ask the question rather than sifting through the "gazillion’s of existing threads"

Then you have no business whatsoever running a beta.
R
Ram
Jan 24, 2007
You seem to be confusing a beta version with a trial or demo version.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections