Posted By
James_Croft
Jan 23, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop CS on my Mac OSX.
I’m trying to stitch together 6 photos which I’ve scanned. The colours don’t match exactly and one side (the last two photos) look a lot darker and more saturated than the other 4.
I’ve played around with levels and saturation and I’ve got it quite close but still looks a bit odd.
Is there a way of sampling a colour from one picture and matching the other areas of the 2 other pictures to that colour?
It’s a panorama of a beach so three areas (beach, sea, sky) need to be matched up well. I need to get this finished by Thurday as I want to print and frame it for a friend’s bday on Friday! HELP!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jan 23, 2007
use curves or levels
JC
James_Croft
Jan 23, 2007
I’ve tried that, got close but I need to know if it’s possible to sample the colour of the beach from one photo and match the beach from the next photo to that sample.
TU
Tom Usrey
Jan 23, 2007
Or, check out Photoshop CS3 Preview’s Photomerge and Auto-Blend Layers features at this free online tutorial at lynda.com:

<http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=327>

Select The New Photomerge from the list
J
jonf
Jan 25, 2007
I find it easiest to adjust curves one channel at a time. Since each channel displays in gray only, all you need to do is get an exactly matching gray in each channel, instead of trying to figure out all at once what the correct balance will be to duplicate the precise rgb blend you’d see in the full rgb display.

If the color saturation changes from one side of your image to the other, select the area which seems too dark or too light, give the selection an appropriate feather radius, then adjust — one channel at a time — to match the next image of the stitch.

It’s a little hard to describe but I think if you try it it will make sense.
CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Jan 25, 2007
As regards jonf’s tip:
The correction’s being made as multiple adjustment-layers switching from one to the other one usually gets back to the composite view. I’ve found it helpful to stay in the one-channel-view by adding a channel-mixer-layer on top of the stack with all three channels set at a 100% of one of the three channnels and 0% of the other two (in RGB that is obviously).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections