SC
Posted By
Steven_Carter
Jan 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi – just thinking this through before I do it… Years ago I bought the full version of Photoshop 3. Since then, every upgrade I’ve made has been through the upgrade version, not the full version. I’ve had three new machines over the years, and until now, every time I’ve installed Photoshop on a new computer, I’ve started with v3 and applied the upgrade CDs to get it to my current latest vesion, CS2.

When I get my new Intel machine, will I still be able to install PS3 even though it doesn’t support Classic, and then apply upgrades to get it to CS2? I’m assuming that if I put the CS2 discs straight in, it will tell me it can’t find a version to upgrade. Do you think I’ll encounter any problems?

Cheers

Steve

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jan 18, 2007
will I still be able to install PS3 even though it doesn’t support Classic

no, think about it how can you install something if it does not support the OS it was made for.

just install CS2 and when asked enter the number of the previous version.
R
Ram
Jan 18, 2007
Steve,

Every upgrade is a FULL installer. If it doesn’t find a previous version installed, it will simply prompt you for the old serial number, as well as the new one.

You don’t need to install ANY previous version.
SC
Steven_Carter
Jan 18, 2007
Ramon – you mean… all those wasted hours!!! Oh well, it’s amazing how an assumption I made years ago has informed the way I work ever since. It’s one of the downsides of being self-employed I suppose – no-one else in the office to kick these things around with. And that’s why these forums are so useful. Thanks, even if I do feel stupid.
B
Buko
Jan 18, 2007
Version 5, 5.5, and 6 I think you just needed to insert the CD from a previous version.

Version 7 and up you just enter the previous serial number.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections