AM
Posted By
Anthony_Malaghan
Nov 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to CS2 (previously owned Elements) and I’m looking to develop a logo which is comprised of text only. The text has a bevel and emboss effect. I’m told that to maintain the crispness of the edges, the logo should be developed in Vector format. Firstly can anyone tell me the difference between Photoshop DCS 1.0 and 2.0? Then I need some help on the options to save it as when I select DCS1 or 2 eg.preview, DCS, Encoding, Halftone, Transfer function, Include Vector Data, Image Interpolation etc.

If I’m on the wrong track, please do not hesitate to offer any tips.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Nov 21, 2006
I would avoid saving as DCS.

Save the file as a PDF and keep a master copy saved as a PSD
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Nov 22, 2006
DCS 2…Sounds like "old-fashioned printer" in a Quark 4 workflow…you may want to find a printer who is used to working with PDF’s…Otherwise you will find your perfect PDF’s being ripped through Quark (no kidding we have a printer in Denver who swears by this method…)

The one problem with creating a logo in Photoshop (Raster) is that it is not resolution independent like creating it in Illustrator (Vector). If you ever need to increase the size of the logo…(usually not if but when)you will have to recreate it unless you either work in a huge dpi or at a huge height and width.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections