M
Posted By
me
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Could someone tell me how to crop a picture, such as that of an open hand with figers spread, so that only the hand and fingers show when this picture is placed on another picture (in another app).

In other words I want it to act as a font, with the background visible between the fingers.

All I can get is a hand in a white square of "canvas" as Photoshop calls it. I need to make the white canvas transparent.

tia!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Feb 22, 2004
Formerly, ‘Just Me’ wrote:
Could someone tell me how to crop a picture, such as that of an open hand with figers spread, so that only the hand and fingers show when this picture is placed on another picture (in another app).
In other words I want it to act as a font, with the background visible between the fingers.

All I can get is a hand in a white square of "canvas" as Photoshop calls it. I need to make the white canvas transparent.

tia!
Double-click on the Background to make it into a layer. Then select the white and delete or better yet, mask.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Batman art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
M
me
Feb 23, 2004
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:44:38 GMT, edjh wrote:

tia!

Double-click on the Background to make it into a layer. Then select the white and delete or better yet, mask.

I can cutout a PS layer to look just fine, but I can’t export the image as a cutout to a different application. ( a lable making app) The cut out always appears on an opaque white background when I try to use it in the lable maker. I have tried saving the cut outs as psd, jpg and gif.
DD
Duncan Donald
Feb 23, 2004
Only GIF and PNG files can be saved or exported with the transparency. Other formats just produce a neutral background.

Dougalas
—————
"Formerly, ‘Just Me’" < from somewhere.com> wrote in message

tia!

I can cutout a PS layer to look just fine, but I can’t export the image as a cutout to a different application. ( a lable making app) The cut out always appears on an opaque white background when I try to use it in the lable maker. I have tried saving the cut outs as psd, jpg and gif.
M
me
Feb 23, 2004
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:00:06 GMT, "Douglas MacDonald" wrote:

Thank you, Douglas and edjh. I got it to work. 🙂

Only GIF and PNG files can be saved or exported with the transparency. Other formats just produce a neutral background.

Dougalas
—————

tia!

MH
Mike Horne
Feb 27, 2004
Why not use a simple clipping path saved as an .eps?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:00:06 GMT, "Douglas MacDonald" wrote:

Dougalas
—————

tia!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections