WL
Posted By
William_Lupatkin
Nov 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got new computer, and I know I have to change a file in PhotoshopCS to allow me to read the RAW format files from my Canon EOS 20D, but I can’t remember what I need, where to find it or how to load it.

HELP!

Thanks. Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Nov 19, 2006
Bill,

You probably need Adobe DNG converter. That will convert your 20D camera files into .dng files that your Adobe Camera Raw 2.4 can read.

Rob
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 19, 2006
The current version of Photoshop (currently CS2) will always be updated to accomodate the latest RAW formats. ACR updates approx every three months for this purpose.

Once CS3 comes out (April 2007?) The likelyhood is that CS2’s ACR will cease being updated.

Personally I would hang on and wait until the spring before updating and in the meantime follow Rob’s advice and use the FREE Adobe DNG converter.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections