VL
Posted By
Vince_Labolito
Jan 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
a colleague is having an issue where Photoshop on his new machine will not load a channel by command clicking on it. I’ve never seen this before. any ideas?

-v

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Jan 9, 2007
Hum,

What version?
VL
Vince_Labolito
Jan 9, 2007
CS2
DK
Doug_Katz
Jan 9, 2007
Is he clicking on the layer’s ICON in the layers palette, not on it’s name or any blank area?
VL
Vince_Labolito
Jan 9, 2007
Channels. Not layers.
DK
Doug_Katz
Jan 10, 2007
Sorry.

I can’t say what that trouble might be. Works here.
NS
Nikos_S
Jan 10, 2007
When he holds down the Command key, does the pointer change to show the marquee symbol?
VL
Vince_Labolito
Jan 10, 2007
nope. I asked him the same thing. He’s in another office so I’m trying to troubleshoot over the phone. I asked if he hovers the mouse over the channel if it shows the hand cursor in the clicking position (index finger extended) to which he said yes. I told him to hold down the command key and see if the "hand" changes to include the marquee symbol and he says it doesn’t. It’s completely throwing me.
R
Ram
Jan 10, 2007
Defective key on his keyboard?

Has he tried trashing prefs?
VL
Vince_Labolito
Jan 10, 2007
apparently the command key works for all his other command key functions so I wouldn’t think the key is defective. I’ll recommend trashing his preferences and see what happens.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections