DL
Posted By
David_L_DuPuy
Nov 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to print an image that’s 6 x 16 inches, using a standard width printer (Canon i560) with an 11 inch width. I cannot get anywhere with the "Custom" setting under Print With Preview/Page Setup.

I’m getting the correct size image, but it stops printing after 11 inches in width have been printed.

For 6×16 in paper, I’m using 13 x 19 inch which I’ve cut in half down the long dimension.

Can anyone help? (I realize this may be dependent on the printer driver which will be printer-specific, but any general comments would be welcome too). David

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PB
philipp.berndt
Nov 17, 2006
ok from what i’ve read i found out that your printer i560 prints borderless photos only up to 11 x 8.5, why dont you try normal printing and then cut the paper after?

wrote:
I’m trying to print an image that’s 6 x 16 inches, using a standard width printer (Canon i560) with an 11 inch width. I cannot get anywhere with the "Custom" setting under Print With Preview/Page Setup.

I’m getting the correct size image, but it stops printing after 11 inches in width have been printed.

For 6×16 in paper, I’m using 13 x 19 inch which I’ve cut in half down the long dimension.
Can anyone help? (I realize this may be dependent on the printer driver which will be printer-specific, but any general comments would be welcome too). David
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 17, 2006
Photoshop only reads the media sizes in your printer driver. There are a couple of ways to get there, here’s how I do it from within Photoshop.

File|Print with Preview. Click the Page Setup button. Then click the Printer Button. Then click the Properties button.

There you can (usually) define new media. For my Epson, one chooses "User Defined", and then a dialog comes up to ask me the size. Once entered, that newly created (and named) paper size is available for photoshop’s use.

Peace,
Tony
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 18, 2006
If the Canon driver doesn’t allow you to define and use custom paper sizes, I would try telling the printer that I’m using 13 x 19, and then, in Print with Preview, place my image for printing just on the side of the imaginary 13 x 19 sheet that is actual paper.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections