ES
Posted By
Enrique_S
Nov 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to know what should I do in order to open raw files from a Canon 350D (Rebel XT)camera in Photoshop CS. Should I use the DNG utility? Thanks in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 17, 2006
Should I use the DNG utility?

Yes. Adobe are only issuing updates to the version of ACR which runs in CS2.
P
Pyro
Nov 17, 2006
There is no need to convert Canon’s raw files to DNG. Just download the Camera raw update for photoshop, and it will open the 350s raw files.
A
arnor
Nov 17, 2006
Hi Pyro,

There is no need to convert Canon’s raw files to DNG. Just download the Camera raw update for photoshop, and it will open the 350s raw files.

I don’t think you can do that with CS. CS2 yes, but not CS. I think the DNG is the only way to go as the EOS350 was in ACR update that was for CS2 and was not available for CS.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas
A
arnor
Nov 17, 2006
Hi Enrique,

wrote:
I would like to know what should I do in order to open raw files from a Canon 350D (Rebel XT)camera in Photoshop CS. Should I use the DNG utility? Thanks in advance.

I don’t think you can in CS. I have CS and what I did was buy a copy of Photoshop Elements 3, which _can_ be updated with all the RAW format updates. So if you don’t want to update to CS2, you could buy Elements for $80 or whatever it is and use it. That said, the RAW options in Elements do _not_ include everything that CS2 RAW does. What I do is load the RAW into Elements, adjust it there, save it as 16bit PSD and open it in CS. Not the most convenient I’ll admit, but it works;)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas
S
steventrevellion
Nov 19, 2006
Yes, but go to adobe first and download the lastest RAW update for photoshop. Not sure but I imagine they are the same as my eos 1D raw DNG files so you shouldn’t have any problems. You might have to associate your DNGs with photoshop but then they should open up in the RAW file import dialouge in photoshop.
AS
Art S
Nov 19, 2006
In a similar situation with CS, I downloaded Rawshooter Essentials 2006 (free) and it works fine converting Canon Raw to jpegs.

Art

wrote in message
Yes, but go to adobe first and download the lastest RAW update for photoshop. Not sure but I imagine they are the same as my eos 1D raw DNG files so you shouldn’t have any problems. You might have to associate your DNGs with photoshop but then they should open up in the RAW file import dialouge in photoshop.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections