ML
Posted By
Marty_Landolt
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does Adobe make softwear for copying movies from 8mm camcorder tapes to the computer? I started using Dazzle and had so much trouble with it I quit (even after they sent me an uprade version).
Not that I need something else to do but my camcorder tapes are accumulating too fast and I don’t intend to get into digital on this for some time (I hope).
Marty

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RC
Richard_Coencas
Mar 5, 2004
Marty,
Adobe makes Premier. It might be overkill for what you are trying to do, though. Rich
ML
Marty_Landolt
Mar 5, 2004
Richard, Thanks and sounds like it might be expensive. I’ll look into it anyway. Marty
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Mar 6, 2004
Marty,

I have no hands on experience with the current products from Pinnacle Systems but had extremely good results from their linear editors in the past. They have some very good editing tools. I got frame accurate cuts going from Hi8 Camcorder to Hi8VCR. From the reviews I’ve read they still enjoy an excellent reputation. You won’t be able to store very much on your hard drive so look for something with the ability to burn dvd’s or cs’s

Take a look at: <http://www.pinnaclesys.com>

It’s an annoying site if you only have dial-up so this might be better: <http://www.videoguys.com/> and it’s definitely a good place to buy and get presales info by phone.

Bob
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 6, 2004
What about iMovie? I don’t have it yet, but been reading about it. It is included with all new Macs, or at least that’s what I’ve been told.
My brother has Final Cut Pro, has no clue how to use it, and I have tried to help him, but I am not up to it, as that’s rather a complicated program.
Jane
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Mar 6, 2004
Jane,

I think Marty’s on a PC.

Joe
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 6, 2004
Whoops, sorry.
But today I spent the afternoon using a PC, it was just fine. I really couldn’t see the difference using PSE.
I was pleased to get a PC lesson. Ford, Chevy, they both drove the same, as far as I could see anyway.
Didn’t use other programs, but PSE was identical, all I had to do was to learn a bit of how you got your pictures in, and everything was just fine.

Much more software actually available for PC, but I haven’t had the chance to explore much yet. Jane
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 6, 2004
Oh Jane, oh geeze, so is a PC now added to the shopping list ? Ya , why not…..window shopping never hurt anyone…excuse the pun 🙂
ML
Marty_Landolt
Mar 6, 2004
Jodi, Now that’s good! I can enjoy your pun more since some of my problems have been solved. Jane, I didn’t know about ‘more’ software for Windows. People with Macs seem so satisfied. Marty
ML
Marty_Landolt
Mar 6, 2004
Richard, Robert, Jane, Joe, … Looking over the movie software I’m shocked. Last thing I bought (couple years ago) was $100, now it’s all around $300. No wonder mine didn’t work right.
I might as well bequeath the movie making, along with old photo restoration, to the next generation. By then more and better software will be available anyway.
Marty
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 6, 2004
I have been taking some various lessons at a local High School every afternoon, and one of the reasons that I signed up for them, was that I would be using brand new PCs. And its really good for me to learn.
The grass is greener,,,,,,,When our Boston kids come for the weekend, they bring their big Dell laptops, but when I look in the computer room, they usually have moved over to my big Mac.
Then when I go over to the school, I try to snag one of the big new PCs. We all should know how to drive both.
Jane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections