windows XP operating system with 512 ram; lexmark 5700 color printer; epson 1660 scanner

JB
Posted By
joseph_barone
Mar 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
after running adobe gamma many times to establish a custom print space profile and using a document source profile of SRGB ieC61966-2.1 (Sony digital camera), the print quality is poor quality. I’ve experimented with several different source profiles but have had no success. I also reinstalled the lexmark CJ 2045SE printer driver. The scanned images from the epson 1660 scanner are also poor quality. When I first installed this printer about a month ago, the print quality was acceptable. Also, despite much experimental printing, the levels shown in print cartridge maintenance haven’t seemed to drop at all.

Can anyone advise?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Mar 5, 2004
Joseph,
I have a Lexmark printer, X-73. Recently had trouble with the printer’s output quality, esp. horizontal white lines showing up. Spent a lot of time with their techs on the phone, and here is what I have learned:
1. Do a test print from the printer itself, without going through the computer, see how the quality of this appears.
2. With damp tissue carefully clean cartridge nozzle and site where nozzle empties.
3. Run the utility for cleaning 3 times and realign cartridges.
4. Levels indicator often is not accurate, and ink level may be low. In that event, you obviously will need new cartridge(s) – $$$.
I do not use a canned profile, utilize Elements unmanaged, and adjust things to my liking. Set printer to "same as source."
The Lexmark techs are very helpful and you should not hesitate to call them. Ken
JB
joseph_barone
Mar 5, 2004
Thank you for your help. I understand how to set the printer, but please clarify which of the monitor profiles you use from Adobe Gamma in order to utilize "elements unmanaged" What is its designation? Or, can you set "elements unmanaged" in some other way.

Also, how do you run your printer without going thru the computer?
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Mar 6, 2004
I recently purchased a new monitor and they could not provide me with all the numeric values to be entered for the Adobe Gamma, so I adjusted the contrast, brightness, etc. empirically and the there is excellent fidelity. In Elements, under PRINT PREVIEW, I show "Output" rather than " COLOR MANAGEMENT". I don’t recall the exact sequence of buttons to push to have the machine auto-print. Suggest that you call them at 888-539-6275 to get this info. for your model. Click File>Print and at the bottom of the box there is an option for print space, and here I opted for same as source.
Ken

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections