Serious problem here…I want to get out of this vector thing…

AA
Posted By
adeel_abbas
Nov 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Hey guys really need some help to solve my problems. I am new to photoshop. I was playing around it with that I changed something and now all the work is done in vector format. I had even reinstalled the photshop and even reinstalled my windows but still its not going back to normal mode. Moreover The work is not being done in new layers. All the drawing or other stuff I am doing it being done on the same PATH and not on the new layer. Please help me as I am stuck.

Waiting for your reply. Thanks.
Moreover I can also send you screenshots of my problem if you give me your mail address or some point to share it as I cant attach them here.

Best Regards,
Adeel Abbas.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AA
adeel_abbas
Nov 15, 2006
"All the drawing or other stuff I am doing it being done on the same PATH and not on the new layer." Yes if for everynew thing I draw in a same file I usually do it in a new layer but its not going in the new layer its going in the previous work path. And whatever I add it goes to the same single work path…Please answer this part tooo
AA
adeel_abbas
Nov 15, 2006
Fpr God sake I need to get out of this vector thing and want to work in the simple mask/mode. Please Please PLease help me
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 15, 2006
Relax. For the sake of time, post some screen shots because you are new to photoshop and are unable to adequately describe your problem.

What are you trying to do, what tools are you trying to do it with, what would you be doing if you could have it your way?
AA
adeel_abbas
Nov 15, 2006
Hi,
Well thanks for the reply. CAn you please tell me how or where to post the screen shots because there is no post options on this forum???

Moreover I am trying to use now the pen tool, shape tool or whatever I am trying to do is now done in vector mode and not the simple mode(I dont know the name of simple mode). Causing really undesireable results Actually I worked on Photoshop 6.o when this problem came then I got the photoshop 8.0 CS but still is doing the same thing.

Well I think that I dont want a vector based output. I think a simple one will work good for me util I reach the point usin vector based output. I hope it might be more clear this time.

Best Regards,
Adeel Abbas.
B
Bernie
Nov 15, 2006
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 15, 2006
To elaborate a bit:

<http://imageshack.us>
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 15, 2006
CAn you please tell me how or where

Use Print Scrn on your keyboard (or alt print scrn) to capture the desktop, then post to pixentral that CN pointed to above.

The Pen tool is a Vector tool. You can draw vector objects as shapes, paths, or filled shapes with the pen tool (in the option bar at the top).

If you want just a fine line, you may want the Brush, not the pen. While you can stroke (color) a vector path, it is a little more advanced.

If you told us what you’re trying to do… like I want to make a sign, or a banner for the web, or put a moustache on my girlfriends mother, we could guide you as to the tools to use. But please, and don’t take offense, we aren’t mind readers.

When we’re not looking at your computer, you have to step it up a couple of notches in terms of explanation. The price is more typing, but the reward is better answers.

Peace,
Tony
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Nov 16, 2006
Use a tool other than the Pen tool. The Pen is a vector tol. Use a pencil, brush, etc.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 16, 2006
yeah. or what I said <grin>
AA
adeel_abbas
Nov 17, 2006
Hi guys,
Sorry for the delay actually I was out for two days. Well first of all thanks a lot for your replies but still I dont got the solution to my problem. I had uploaded the screenshot as you can see it here….

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=10aRoasGYQ3nxbOvfj KilPPBfxG0>

now I want to tell you that After this when I draw something new custome shape like thing everything new shape gets on a new layer and the previous one is gone. Just I want to know how can I remove that part I indicated and gets the things as I am doing before. That way was easy and simple. I hope you can solve this problem as you guys are genius. Waiting for your reply.

Thanks again

Regards,
Adeel Abbas.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 17, 2006
drag that layer to the trash can at the bottom of the palette.
AA
adeel_abbas
Nov 17, 2006
Hi,
No its not working. I dont want to delet the layer but the left part of the layer which I encircled in the picture I gave above. I guess that you mis read my problem. Please please please have a look at the picture and last comment by me. I will be very thankful.

Moreover there is a vector based output…….is there any other ouput method. Some other output method instead of vector based?????

B
Bernie
Nov 17, 2006
So what you’re saying is you do not want a shape layer, but simply a path?

Copy the path that’s in the shape layer.

Create a new path (in the paths palette)

Paste
AA
adeel_abbas
Nov 17, 2006
hI,
wELL THIS WILL MAKE THE THINGS EASIER. pLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THIS SCREENSHOT… < http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1kw4ameWqrVz3vettj SFZF7lMoyRsQ1>

iF YOU SEE WHAT I WROTE THERE AND COMPARE THE BOTH SCREEN SHOTS YOU WILL KNOW ABOUT MY PROBLEM. aND EVEN GET AN IDEA WHAT i NEED.pLEASE HAVE A LOOK. aND AGAIN THANKS A LOT.

REGARDS,
aDEEL aBBAS.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 17, 2006
but the left part of the layer which I encircled in the picture

That "left part" is normal. It is because you chose to use a shape layer in the options bar. See Post #7. If you don’t want it, use a Path as CN says above.

So you click on Path, then use your custom shape tool. Then you have to do something with that path. You can load it as a selection, and fill it if you like, for example.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 17, 2006
Right click on the layer and choose Rasterize and it will produce what you have posted in #15
B
Bernie
Nov 17, 2006
No, I don’t get what you need.

First you say you want to get rid of something, now you want something else.

I suggest you stop SHOUTING, sit down, read the help file on shape layers and paths. Then, if you still cannot do what you want, you can come back and explain to us exactly what you’re trying to do.
AA
adeel_abbas
Nov 17, 2006
HAVE A LOOK AT THIS TOO IT WILL MAKE THINGS MORE CLEARER……

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1P2HlFKdNUNnDOZvJw 8BwV6tQanuD71>
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 17, 2006
re-read post #17. That is the only way you can do what you are asking.
HB
Heather Bell
Nov 17, 2006
See Glen’s Post #7, you don’t have the right box selected for what you want, need to have right box, fill pixel, selected.
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 17, 2006
Duh. Heather is absolutely right.
B
beerfueled
Nov 18, 2006
‘cept that Glen’s post was actually #6 (which John elaborated on in #7).

-larry
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 18, 2006
Is "anal retentive" hyphenated?

Either way you view it, Heather was right. <shrug>
B
beerfueled
Nov 19, 2006
My intention was not to be AR, but to point out those who helped answer the OP’s question.

-larry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections