"Save For Web" images losing filename when e-mailed with Mac Mail, not coming through

DW
Posted By
Derek_W_Reich
Jan 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DW
Derek_W_Reich
Jan 1, 2007
I am perplexed. I am running CS2 on a G4 Powerbook with Tiger 10.4.4., and recently images which I compress using the "Save For Web" option lose their filenames when I attach them in mail messages using Mac Mail. After attaching and sending, when I go into my sent messages folder and copy the images back to my desktop, they show up as ‘Unknown.jpg’. Plus, many people with PC’s do not receive the files at all. (not a problem with other Mac users). What is going on? I used to be able to send "Save For Web" images without a problem. If I save the images as a jpg without using "Save For Web" there is no problem, and the filenames remain intact, and everyone is able to receive the files…..but the files are larger than if I use "Save For Web" (which I prefer to use if possible)
Any help out there?
R
Ram
Jan 2, 2007
First, update to 10.4.8 ASAP.

Then, trash your "Save For Web" preferences.
When you attach the images to your mail message, don’t drag them in, use the "attach" icon & then make sure you tick the "Send Windows Friendly Attachments" box at the bottom of the file selection window.
DW
Derek_W_Reich
Jan 3, 2007
Hi, Richard-
That’s the way I always attach the files. I’m certain now the problem is with my Mac Mail software. I reinstalled my system software, and it seems to be working half the time now so at least I’ve made some progress-
thanks for your advice
Derek
B
Buko
Jan 3, 2007
Not sure what to tell you.

I never had this problem and I always drag my attachments to my email.

and I’m using Apples Mail.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections