JJ
Posted By
Josie_Jones
Nov 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve searched the Q & A’s but could not see anything. Can anyone direct me to a good tutorial/s on exracting fireworks from an image please?. I have tried the magic wand and other selection methods but nowhere near good enough. I would be grateful for any help please. TIA :))

JJ

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
deebs
Nov 14, 2006
There are quite a few strategies to selecting stuff. These seem to vary in complexity depending upon the image, image quality, what bits are to be selected and what will happen to the selection afterwards.

What may be the ‘best’, in other words, is subjective.

A sample image always produces good results/dialog on the forum.

You may wish to

(a) post a sample at an image host eg www.pixentral.com
and/or
(b) have a look at www.russellbrown.com and seek out selection strategies that best fit the job you wish to do
JJ
Josie_Jones
Nov 15, 2006
Spot on MH. Thank you very much :))

JJ
TM
T_Mike_Hyndman
Nov 15, 2006
Spot on MH. Thank you very much :))
JJ,

GTH 😉

MH
JJ
Josie_Jones
Nov 16, 2006
Hi MH. Thank you for your second reply. I wwent to Help in CS2 and searched for Extracting fireworks but it came up with ‘other filters’. Should I be looking at something else?

JJ
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 16, 2006
I wwent to Help in CS2 and searched for Extracting fireworks but it came up with ‘other filters’.

🙂 Josie. Mike’s " HELP! CS2 Extracting Fireworks" was the (your) heading, not a suggestion to search CS2’s Help files! 🙂
TM
T_Mike_Hyndman
Nov 16, 2006
🙂 Josie. Mike’s " HELP! CS2 Extracting Fireworks" was the (your) heading, not a suggestion to search CS2’s Help files! 🙂

😉

MH
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 16, 2006
Initially this thread was very useful.

Now there are too many initials.

GTH = glad to help (AFAIK)
JJ
Josie_Jones
Nov 16, 2006
Thanks very much for your help MH. Much appreciated 🙂

JJ

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections