DM
Posted By
David_Marritt
Nov 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
All, I downloaded and installed the tryout version on Sunday, having just built my new computer (I find PSE3 16 bit support a little limiting) the week before.

In the process of installing some network drivers yesterday I managed to mess up the windows installation and had to reinstall the operating system (repair wouldn’t work). This therefore meant the trial version had expired when I reinstalled it.

Looking on Adobes website it seemed as though it can be reset ( I had a tryout for one evening!!) but a call to UK? Customer Support got the response was that it couldn’t be reset. I quoted the website and they are to look into the matter. Anyone able to definitively able to say one way or other so that if I do get a call back I can be more knowledgeable.

Kind regards

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BL
Bob Levine
Nov 14, 2006
AFAIK, you’d need to format the harddrive completely before reinstalling the O/S in order to use the demo again.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Nov 14, 2006
Generally, the accepted knowledge is that the only way you can run a second trial period after your first trial has expired (no matter how the time-out occurred) is to do a full, low-level format of your boot drive and reinstall everything from scratch.

Since there are so many factors to consider in the equation of: "I installed some drivers, hosed my OS and had to reinstall it", it’s hard to say whether you’ll be allowed—or even ABLE—to get that initial trial to resume or start again from day 1.
DM
David_Marritt
Nov 14, 2006
Many thanks for the quick reply, I thought the security info was well hidden on the hard drive as a format before installing the o/s didn’t clear it.

David
P
Phosphor
Nov 14, 2006
The actual mechanism is a bit of a mystery (which is the way Adobe wants it, of course).

When we say you need to reformat your drive, we mean you gotta overwrite everything on the drive (boot sector included) with zeros. Now, I’m not as Windows savvy as many, so my advice should be taken with a grain of salt while you wait for someone to reply who knows low-level system stuff better than I do.
DM
David_Marritt
Nov 23, 2006
Am I really unlucky or is this normal?

This forum is always a wealth of information and help, unfortunately the same doesn’t seem to be true for the Customer Support of Adobe.

I logged a call regarding the early expiration of the tryout which was the start of this thread. Nothing has been heard back!

I also have opened 3 cases over the last two weeks on the support portal regarding another query that I have regarding the upgrade from PSE 3 to CS2. Despite the reply saying I would receive a response within 24 hours I have heard nothing more.

Is there anyway of getting through to normal person (ie non Indian call centre) or email to help as I feel I am hitting a brick wall.

Sorry for the rant,

David

ps I’m in the UK

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections