RM
Posted By
Randy_Mohr
Nov 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just noticed the icons for plugins, brushes, actions plus a few others have been replaced by a generic-looking icon. They were all there a few weeks ago! How do I replace the generic with the "real" icons. I read in a thread to try and right click on the generic, click on "properties" and then "change" at the "opens with…" box, then navigate to somewhere where the icon is shown (or something like that) with no luck. I’ve also tried googling "photoshop plugin icon" with no luck either.

How do I get my "real" icons back!! everything still works, it just makes it easier to find an action or brush or plugin without having to look for extensions

Thanks!

R Mohr

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 14, 2006
Version?
RM
Randy_Mohr
Nov 14, 2006
Version? Oh yeah…. CS2 (Windows XP SP2)

R Mohr
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 14, 2006
Have you changed your screen resolution?
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 14, 2006
Are you talking about the icons which appear in Windows Explorer?

If so, you have propbaly installed some other program or app which has changed the icons and "open with" properties.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 14, 2006
icons for plugins, brushes, actions plus a few others

Sounds like Photoshop to me.

But not as we know it.
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 14, 2006
Sounds like Photoshop to me

Yea. But it sounds as if the OP is hunting for them via Windows Explorer.

Quote:
right click on the generic, click on "properties" and then "change" at the "opens with…" box,
RM
Randy_Mohr
Nov 14, 2006
"Are you talking about the icons which appear in Windows Explorer?

"If so, you have propbaly installed some other program or app which has "changed the icons and "open with" properties.

"Have you changed your screen resolution?

John and Chris: Thanks for the help…Yes, I have just recently changed my screen resolution (new monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 204B) from 1024×768 to 1152×864

And I can’t think of any new programs installed lately (other than the software for the monitor)

Randy
EP
elaine_pelley
Nov 16, 2006
Can someone help. I need to ask a question about PS CS2. I can’t find a place to ask a question. I can’t get the brush wet edges.
EP
elaine_pelley
Nov 16, 2006
My CS PS 2 shows under brushes Wet Edges. I can get it. It is grayed out. Please help. elaine

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections