DL
Posted By
David_L._Wells
Dec 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The number of filters I have available seems limited. Could this be because I have the education version of Photoshop? Under the filter menu, I have 6 primary choices: blur, noise, sharpen, stylize, and other. None of the submenus contains the extract filter.

I am running on a Macbook with a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
babalooixnay
Dec 29, 2006
wrote:
The number of filters I have available seems limited. Could this be because I have the education version of Photoshop? Under the filter menu, I have 6 primary choices: blur, noise, sharpen, stylize, and other. None of the submenus contains the extract filter.

I am running on a Macbook with a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

Not really familiar with the education version and if it is different but try option/command/x and see if that brings it up. You must have an active image open in PS.
B
babalooixnay
Dec 29, 2006
wrote:

Not really familiar with the education version and if it is different but try option/command/x and see if that brings it up. You must have an image open in PS.
JF
john_findley
Dec 29, 2006
Sounds like you’ve slipped into 16-bit mode.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 29, 2006
Are they grayed out or missing? Have you moved part of the program out of the Applications folder?

There have been other posts about similar problems, but nothing that I can find in the FAQs.
JM
John McWilliams
Dec 29, 2006
wrote:

This will happen when you have an image in 16 bit mode. When you change to 8, all filters should again be available.
DL
David_L._Wells
Dec 29, 2006
Thanks Ed. I moved the application icon for Photoshop from the desktop back into its original location in the Adobe Photoshop CS2 folder and all the filters now show up.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections