BN
Posted By
Bob_Neaves
Dec 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got one of the new MacBook Pro laptops about 2 weeks ago. I can’t get photoshop to load without crashing – I’ve tried CS, CS2, 7, and the trial version. It always crashes while it’s loading when it gets to "Building TWAIN menu items…". Is there anything I can do? Does Photoshop not run on the Intel processors??

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 29, 2006
It sounds like your preferences are corrupt.. Easy way to fond out first trash the Photoshop preferences f they exist, as you have not as of yet actually been able to launch Photoshop they should not exist if they doe then trashing them is probably going to solve the problem.

If they do not exist then create a new user and then log into that new user and then launch Photoshop more than likely it will launch which means more than likely that you either have a corrupt preferences folder will have to discard it on your older user or trouble shoot it.

Or you could have a corrupt color profile of some kind for your monitor or for your color space. To me that is what is sounds like it could be you will have to trouble shoot your color sync folder in that case.

Or you can do a archival reinstall of your system.

Photoshop runs just fine on the Mac Pros I have a tower but I understand from others that have the book it is fine.
R
Ram
Dec 29, 2006
It’s a lot easier than that:

Type a tilde (~) in front of Photoshop’s TWAIN folder to disable it. That will do the trick.

You have a poorly written scanner driver.

You can scan outside of Photoshop with your scanner’s stand-alone software or a utility like VueScan or SilverFast. It’s more efficient that way, as you can continue working on other stuff in Photoshop while you scan.
BN
Bob_Neaves
Dec 29, 2006
Thanks so much Ramon! Problem solved, epson scanner driver sucks. I’m going to check out those other scanner applications that you recommended.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 29, 2006
I still think the trouble is a corrupt profile.

Even if it is simpler than that and I have no problem using the Epson scanner drivers what so ever with Photoshop both in CS2 or the Public Beta on a MacPro.

What he can probably do is dump the Epson folder in the preferences folder and I bet that fixes it as well.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Dec 29, 2006
Bob-

PSCS2 and PSCS3 Beta work fine on my C2D MacBook Pro.

Hopefully you are repairing Permissions immediately before & after every install, especially plugins and drivers…
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 30, 2006
I should qualify what i wrote about using the plug in, if you are using the digital ice technology then you will want to use a stand alone app instead as that will take some time to do a large file as I do.
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 31, 2006
Oh wait a second are you using the most current universal version of the Epson Scanner Drivers? If not down load the Universal version and install that.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections