Colors with CS 2 and Epson 2200 aren’t right.

RM
Posted By
Robert Montgomery
Dec 23, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was able to print with nice colors in Photoshop 5.5 to my Epson 2200 printer in Classic or OS 9_, but now that I’ve upgraded to Photoshop CS 2 and OS 10.4.8., the colors are far too pale.

I downloaded the Epson 2200 driver from the Epson Web site at

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/EditorialAnnouncement.jsp ?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=42114986

and followed the instructions in the PDF file on that page for using the Epson Velvet Fine Art ICC profile, but the colors are turning out wrong. They’re usually too pale and they accordingly too pale in the print preview.

The printer driver I got from the Epson site is "Printer Driver v3.0aAs Intel-based Macs with OS X (v10.4.4 or later)
epson11832.dmg – 8.8MB – posted on 15/06/06". I’m not sure if that’s the right driver because I don’t think my Mac is an Intel-based one. (It’s a desktop G4 Quicksilver.) But I don’t see any other appropriate drivers on the Epson Web page.

The RGB Setup in my Photoshop 5.5 files are set to "sRGB".

My Photoshop print box doesn’t show choices for choosing the resolution. It looks different from the box shown in the PDF file on the Epson Web site (the PDF file for using ICC profiles in Photoshop, I guess because I’m using Photoshop CS 2 instead of Photoshop 7.

Robert

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections