RP
Posted By
Robert_Paup
Nov 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am sending this again since I got no response the first time.

I am trying to merge three 12.2 megapixel 16 bit images. When I check "try to align" PS puts up a message saying there is not enough storage. I have 3gig under Win2k on a dual-processor set up. I have plenty of scratch disk. I have tried assigning from 1.2 gig to 2.5 gig to PS. I still get the same message. It works ok when I don’t ask for alignment. The same thing happens when using XP on a laptop with 2gig of memory and plenty of disk space.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RS
Randeep_Singh
May 4, 2007
I think you still need more empty disk space to perform the operation. I would recommend 5 GB atleast, if you are working on 12MP images. And, Try allocating the scratch disk to the partition with maximum available space.
BL
Bill_Lamp
May 11, 2007
For me, stopping all non-microsoft processes before starting Photoshop was needed.
KS
Kenneth_Seidman
May 13, 2007
I’ll be installing CS3 next weekend and I’m not sure this thread will still be active so I thought I’d ask now…

I will be wanting to align two or three 350 MB files (scanned transparencies). I’ll have 4 GB RAM and be using the /3 GB boot.ini switch to provide CS3 approx 2.6 GB virtual memory. My scratch disk is on a separate drive from Photoshop and is 10 GB in size.

Any thoughts as to whether I will be able to do the alignment? Also I would like to be able to stitch two or three of these large files together for panoramas… can that be done?

Ken

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections