ML
Posted By
Marty_Landolt
Feb 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Grant and All, I hate to go out of my glorious month but look forward even more to spending another year right hear with all you wonderful people and your devine pictures.
Marty

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ML
Marilyn_Lee
Mar 1, 2004
Marty – I took one last stroll through your lovely pictures before they’re gone, and your pretty spring flowers reminded me that winter is almost behind us. Such a nice thought! Your pussycat on the deck is still my favorite. It was very well done; good composition, bright colors; just perfect. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Marilyn Lee
J
jhjl1
Mar 1, 2004
Nice thought indeed.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
spring flowers reminded me that winter is almost behind us. Such a nice thought!
CS
carl_sutherland
Mar 1, 2004
Marty,

Somehow (lazy I guess) I missed your pictures. Are they still available someplace?

Carl
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 1, 2004
Carl you are in luck as I haven’t completely remove it for the next day or so it will be at

http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/StudioMarty/index.html

I always leave things around for a day or so.

Grant
PD
Pete_D
Mar 1, 2004
Great! I had not seen them either since the last post I had read was Marty saying she needed to get some pictures together.

Really nice Marty. I was a little startled with all those soft pictures and then to come upon the Locust.

A job well done Marty!

Pete
CS
carl_sutherland
Mar 1, 2004
Grant,

Thanks

Marty,

I liked your images. I particularly liked the cabin in the moonlight. That’s a winner as far as I am concerned.

Carl
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 2, 2004
Marty, I’ve said it before and I’m gonna say it again….you have ‘special’ qualities and it reflects in your work. If i were to trust anyone it would be you. There is always ‘peace’ in your work. Don’t stop doing what you’re doing !

Pete, ya, my favorite was the locust as well ;)…but i love them all.
ML
Marty_Landolt
Mar 2, 2004
Carl S, Pete D, and Jodi, I’m glad Grant didn’t rush them off. He already knows each little thrill I get when someone looks at my stuff.
It’s been quite a month for me! Isn’t it strange how some of the best pictures often have a little ‘luck’ behind them.
Marty
LK
Leen_Koper
Mar 2, 2004
Marty, no it isn’t strange at all.
Everyone, even top photographers need that little bit of luck that makes thing fall exactly into the right place.
The only difference between a top professional and an average amateur is that a top pro is able to produce almost constantly shots that would be lucky shots if an amateur produced these images.
But if he/she wants to stand out between his peers, he needs the same amount of luck too.

It is just like in baseball; in the Major Leagues you need as much luck to hit a homerun as at school level.

Leen
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 2, 2004
in the Major Leagues you need as much luck to hit a homerun as at school
level<

……and steroids….
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 2, 2004
Leen

I do agree with you that photography dose require a certain amount of luck but also the harder you work at it the luckier you get.

Grant
MS
Mary_Schoettle
Mar 4, 2004
Your photos are fabulous. Is there something on the forums that explains how you did photo 4? The bleeding heart with the transparent plants behind it… Thank you,Mary
ML
Marty_Landolt
Mar 4, 2004
Mary S, Oh you are so nice and no…there was no PSE help on the bleeding heart background. A very simple thing I learned in a photo class at least 20 years ago. My daughter works at a Post Office and she sent me a few cards and stationery paper that they sell. The background was one of the latter and had a bit of a Christmas pattern.
I just held a peice behind the flower. Way before PSE evolved! Marty

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections