How do I transfer the CS2 I bought for Windows on my Mac??

LB
Posted By
Lee_Brubaker
Dec 19, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Last year, when I went to Baghdad to work, I bought CS2 (knowing I was going to use a Windows machine).

Now that I’m back I have a MAC.. can I use that serial # for my beta of CS3? And, while we’re ‘talking’ CAN I use the ‘2nd machine install’ that I never used on my MAC and, if so, how do I go about doing that since the CS2 I purchased is for Windows?

Thanks!!

Lee Brubaker
(check out the bottom URL for Baghdad shots)
<http://www.Scheherazade.smugmug.com/>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Dec 19, 2006
No, you have to purchase Photoshop for the Mac.

I do believe that you can cross-grade from one platform to another for a nominal fee, you also have to sign a letter stating you have destroyed the old copy. Contact the Adobe customer service dept. for more info.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 19, 2006
Please, Mac, not MAC.
LB
Lee_Brubaker
Dec 19, 2006
Thanks, I did do that (just) and there’s been an upgrade to CS2.3 so I paid for the upgrade, signed the letter of destruction (sounds like a movie or video game) and faxed that in. They’ll mail the whole new Mac thing to me tomorrow. Thanks for answering.

Lee
LB
Lee_Brubaker
Dec 19, 2006
Got that. Oh, FORGIVE me, kind sir! ( I was TOO emphatic and pressed the caps key in the excitement of the possiblity of a solution.)

Lee
AJ
Allyn_Janes
Dec 27, 2006
We have a G-5 Mac with an Intel procesor and received Photoshop CS2 Educational from our children (oldest is in grad school). Should we take it back and wait for the Spring 2007 CS3? We have a new digital camera and can use the provided software to see us through. My concern is the performance issues mentioned on the Adobe Website concerning Intel versus a PowerPC. We are novice beginners and do not do much multi tasking. Should I increase the ram from 500 mg to 1 gig?

Thank you,
Bruce Janes
B
Buko
Dec 28, 2006
We have a G-5 Mac with an Intel procesor

G5s do not have Intel chips.

You have a G5 (PowerPC) or you have an Intel Mac. It can’t be both.

Keep it you can upgrade later if you wish.
LB
Lee_Brubaker
Dec 28, 2006
Adobe does cross platform exchanges under the right circumstances 🙂

Good luck 🙂

Lee
WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Dec 28, 2006
That’s his problem it is 16 bit.
-shep-
Dec 29, 2006
Should I increase the ram from 500 mg to 1 gig?

Absolutely, at least 1G.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections