GA
Posted By
George August
Aug 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to caption any number of 4×6 photos so that at the bottom .75 inches I have a white space with a printed title. I have tried setting up the caption on a .75×5 layout, then changing the canvas size to 4×6 and bringing in a picture that is also scaled to 4×5.5 but the picture comes out much larger. Don’t know what the problem is as I am new at this, and moreover I need to know how I can do this on a batch process so that perhaps 100 or so pics on a CD can be processed this way. Will really appreciate help on this. Am switching over from conventional photo printing and I could do this easy with a Kodalith mask in my automated printer.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
JohnSWhite
Aug 11, 2003
George,
Find the Actions menu (under Windows if not currently visible)then press the sideways arow in the top right and select, New Action, give it a name and then press Record.
Then with a 4×6 image open, select Images, Canvass Size, use the anchors to make the space appear at the bottom, type in an extra 0.75, press OK. Then select the typing tool, change the font and size to what you want. And at that point go back to the Actions and Stop Recording.
Run the action on each image and it should leave you the task of typing the words and positioning them accurately.
I hope it helps.
John
N
ninjasavant
Aug 11, 2003
One thing I do to accomplish a similar task is create an action to print the files to acrobat and use the caption option in the print dialog.

-ninja
GA
George August
Aug 13, 2003
Thanks for the info..it works perfectly. There is one other problem that hopefully the manual will cover.
When adding text it does not center when I use the center icon. Can’t figure it out.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 13, 2003
George,

You have to include the following in your action: Select All; Layer|Align Layer to Selection:Middle/Center, etc.

Then it will be included.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections