Posted By
Absolutehype
Nov 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am having problems accessing photoshop in vista. I understand that vista compatibility is probably not your highest of priorities right now but its kind of annoying me. Basically I have installed it fine. However when I open it and then register, about the time when the activation window should come up I get an error message with the heading "Adobe Activation" "You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrator privileges and try again." This is frustrating me quite a bit as I am using the only account installed which is the administrator account. I have checked user permissions etc and everything seems fine. Is this a known issue and is there any way to activate photoshop by entering anything elsewhere?

Regards,

Paul

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BL
Bob Levine
Nov 8, 2006
I know it doesn’t help you, but I had no problem installing and activating on Vista RC1.

Bob
EW
ekim_wahs
Nov 8, 2006
try elevating the application to run as administrator via right click on the start menu item for Photoshop. Also enable run under XP compatibility mode in the Compatibility tab in Properties.
A
Absolutehype
Nov 8, 2006
And thats the answer I was looking for! Thanks alot Ekim! I had no idea there was a compatibility tab in vista. Thats an awesome feature!!! Thanks again
BL
Bob Levine
Nov 8, 2006
Thanks alot Ekim!

I think his friends call him Mike. <g>

Bob
BL
Bob Levine
Nov 8, 2006
FYI, Vista will be officially released for retail on Jan 30.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061108/microsoft_windows_vista.html? .v=8

Bob
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 9, 2006
I think his friends call him Mike. <g>

Are you Shaw?
BL
Bob Levine
Nov 9, 2006
Are you Shaw?

Absolute—ly 😉

Bob
RB
Robert_Barnett
Nov 9, 2006
What I am sure that is more annoying is that you are using beta software (software that hasn’t been officially released or completed) and you want Adobe to support it. Now that is annoying. If you like to play on the cutting edge, then don’t whine when you get cut.

R

wrote in message
Hi,

I am having problems accessing photoshop in vista. I understand that vista compatibility is probably not your highest of priorities right now but its kind of annoying me. Basically I have installed it fine. However when I open it and then register, about the time when the activation window should come up I get an error message with the heading "Adobe Activation" "You are not allowed to continue because your account does not have the proper privileges. Please log in using an account with administrator privileges and try again." This is frustrating me quite a bit as I am using the only account installed which is the administrator account. I have checked user permissions etc and everything seems fine. Is this a known issue and is there any way to activate photoshop by entering anything elsewhere?

Regards,

Paul
BL
Bob Levine
Nov 9, 2006
I think you read way more into that then was intended. I’ve seen a few rants from people insisting that Adobe support Vista betas, but that’s not what this post was.

And while we’re on the topic of annoying, let’s talk autoquotes that are four time longer than the response. I won’t even touch on top posting.

Bob
RB
Robert_Barnett
Nov 10, 2006
Just as annoying as others trying to tell everyone else how they should post. I don’t like bottom posting, I don’t want to waste the seconds to minutes trying to figure out what’s new and what’s trash.

As for quoting well, it was Adobe’s choice to have these things accessible from their web site. Poor choice especially given that they don’t seem to want to put the server power or the decent forums software behind it to make it actually useful through the web.

Robert
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 10, 2006
Well you wasted more than a few seconds on that snotty reply!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections