Posted By
NobodysBusiness
Dec 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greeting,
I just downloaded and went to install the new CS3 beta version. When I try to open the program it asks for my serial number. Then I fill in my correct serial number and it gives me an error message saying my serial number is invalid. Any ideas how to solve this problem? I also understand this is happening other folks as well. Thanks in advance.
NobodysBusiness

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Dec 15, 2006
Nobody you need to read all the instructions

Enter your CS2 serial number on the Adobe site to get the CS3 serial number.

here is a link < https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5 Fphotoshop%5Fsn>
GP
Gary_Poyssick
Dec 15, 2006
Sorry for any confusion or stuff not working, but please bear with Adobe and the serial numbers will work shortly. Getting this software into the hands of a valued userbase was top on everybody’s list, and was — literally — being worked on until just hours before the announcements actually hit the wires. I know because lots of people did not get to sleep last night.

Fortunately the team of people working on the Suite betas and in particular the Photoshop Public beta process are scattered around the entire world, in every single time zone on the globe, so some of us were awake while others were sleeping.

The software is fully functional and you’ll love it — just hang in there and we’ll have the serial number working as soon as they can do it at Adobe. And then maybe they’ll get a well-deserved day or two off.

🙂

Gary Poyssick in Tampa
GP
Gary_Poyssick
Dec 15, 2006
And Buko — what are you, one of the eleven men on the planet that actually reads instructions?

Just kiddin, man.

gary
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 15, 2006
CS3 may not be quite ready officially, but I downloaded it and installed it early this morning from:
< http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs%5F photoshop>

and then went back and got the CS3 S/N to Activate it some hours after that.

A "non-activated" installation gives you two days to play with CS3 in "Trial mode" anyway — and you can then "Activate" with the CS3 S/N once you have it.
B
Buko
Dec 15, 2006
what are you, one of the eleven men on the planet that actually reads instructions?

only when I have to.
JF
john_findley
Dec 15, 2006
I can’t even get to the password stage. The installer says I have to de-activateTwainbridge. I’ve never heard of Twainbridge, Command-F can’t find it.

What??
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 15, 2006
You may need to disconnect your scanner?
C
Cindy
Dec 15, 2006
I just turned the power switch off on my scanner and that fixed the problem.
JF
john_findley
Dec 15, 2006
I hope I would’ve figured that out, if I’d remembered "TWAIN" plug-in, which I’ve never had to use.

Thanks, Ann.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 15, 2006
I haven’t yet disabled the TWAIN plug-in in CS3 … but I am just about to!

That plug-in has always been trouble and I don’t use it anyway because I never scan from inside Photoshop.
R
Ram
Dec 16, 2006
You don’t even need to turn off the scanner in order to quit "Twain Bridge".

Fire up Activity Monitor, it will show TWAIN Bridge as one of the applications running. Just QUIT the process, you don’t even have to use "Force Quit".
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 16, 2006
I just "Tilded" the TWAIN plug-in and Twain Bridge no longer loads.

Does it serve any purpose — besides letting you scan from inside Photoshop (hich I never do)?
R
Ram
Dec 16, 2006
Ann,

It does serve other, albeit minor and arcane purposes.

For instance, if you happen to have a digital camera that generates RAW files not supported by ACR, you could use the camera manufacturer’s RAW TWAIN plug-in to convert your images and edit them in Photoshop.

This was the case for a very short while with the PEF files from my *istD. Eventually ACR supported the camera so that became irrelevant.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 16, 2006
That is useful to know. Thank you.
D
David
Dec 16, 2006
wrote:
Sorry for any confusion or stuff not working, but please bear with Adobe and the serial numbers will work shortly. Getting this software into the hands of a valued userbase was top on everybody’s list, and was — literally — being worked on until just hours before the announcements actually hit the wires. I know because lots of people did not get to sleep last night.

Fortunately the team of people working on the Suite betas and in particular the Photoshop Public beta process are scattered around the entire world, in every single time zone on the globe, so some of us were awake while others were sleeping.

The software is fully functional and you’ll love it — just hang in there and we’ll have the serial number working as soon as they can do it at Adobe. And then maybe they’ll get a well-deserved day or two off.

🙂

Gary Poyssick in Tampa

Ok, so there is a delay in getting the serial authorisations sorted, but why give a message saying that the number entered is not eligible? Wouldn’t it have been better to simply say try again later?

David
MF
Miguel_Fairbanks
Dec 16, 2006
I’m not as computer-saavy as most of you out there, and I cannot get beyond the "System Check" in the "Setup" window, which tells me I must first close TWAINbridge, in spite of the fact that I cannot even find it, and I rebooted thinking this would close it if was open in the background somewhere, but still no luck, it remains open. Any suggestions or solutions, please? Kindly, Miguel, Santa Barbara, CA
MF
Miguel_Fairbanks
Dec 16, 2006
Oooops! Told you I was computer-challenged! Just found Ramon’s entry on quitting TWAINbridge via Utility Monitor and voila, I’m on w/ the process! Thanks Ramon! Stay tuned for my next idiotic question! -Miguel
B
Buko
Dec 16, 2006
turn off your scanner, follow Ramón’s advice or put a tilde(~) in front of the TWAINplugin.
MF
Miguel_Fairbanks
Dec 16, 2006
Scanner off! Thanks Buko!
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Dec 17, 2006

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections