L
Posted By
LenHewitt
Dec 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
"..[You] may already be aware that Bruce Fraser, noted author, lecturer and ‘color geek’, was diagnosed several months ago with terminal lung cancer. Early last month we reported from Photo Plus, New York that Bruce was too ill to attend the annual Pixel Mafia dinner. At that time Bruce was about to start a course of chemotherapy that offered an optimistic prognosis. Unfortunately, the treatment has not been successful and the cancer has since progressed. Bruce is now severely ill and it is the opinion of Bruce, his wife Angela and the doctors, that he now probably has but a very short time left. He is being cared for at home by Angela and support nursing staff.

For those who don’t know him, Bruce Fraser is an internationally well known author, consultant and speaker on the topics of digital imaging and color reproduction. In addition to authoring the highly successful Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS2, he has been a contributing editor for Macworld magazine and co-author of the best-selling books Real World Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Real World Color Management, Second Edition, and the recently released Real World Image Sharpening. Bruce has also penned numerous articles, most recently for CreativePro.com. Bruce is a partner in PixelGenius, LLC. where he designed PhotoKit Sharpener.

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. He is one of the great ones out there."

Full report at < http://photoshopnews.com/2006/12/14/bruce-frasers-serious-il lness/>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JS
Jeff_Schewe
Dec 15, 2006
I know that Bruce has been reading the comments left on the PhotoshopNews site and it really has made an impact on him…so if you wish, leave a comment to Bruce in the comments section.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Dec 15, 2006
Mac World will be special this year in San Francisco.
GP
Gary_Poyssick
Dec 15, 2006
God bless Bruce and his family — our prayers are with them. And Bruce is a pretty tough guy; as long as I live I’m gonna think once in a while about all the times he either taught me something, made me laugh, or (usually the case) both.

We all love you Bruce

Gary Poyssick in Tampa, Florida
BJ
Bob_Janusz
Dec 16, 2006
Bruce, I will never forget you and everything you taught me. God bless you and your family.

Bob
O
Oh2
Dec 17, 2006
Bruce,

I totally hope and pray there’ll be a way out of this mess for you bro, even if only for a measley 30 more years. Life is far too brief and precious to lose at any age and you’re in the thoughts of many people right now. Laugh and live for the moment – it’s all we’ve got.

Oh2
SW
Steve_Werner
Dec 17, 2006
Sadly, today brings a note from John Nack that Bruce passed away peacefully yesterday (Saturday):

<http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2006/12/in_memoriam_bru.html>
P
povimage
Dec 17, 2006
As a philosopher, I’m supposed to say something about how Bruce’s passage makes sense. Unfortunately, it doesn’t. So I can’t do that.

I don’t know of anyone even close to being able to fill his shoes, much less the innumerable footsteps he has left behind.

JasonSmith put it aptly: "This sucks."

Keith
P
povimage
Dec 17, 2006
We need to think of some way to give Bruce a proper Panda Farewell.
B
Bernie
Dec 17, 2006
🙁

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections