MR
Posted By
Mark_Reibman
Feb 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I came across this gallery on pbase that I wanted you tell others about. She has done some very creative work with her photos, b/w and color combinations and her frames are really something to see. I’ve seen similar work in our own challenges, but there is some inspiration to be found at this gallery.

<http://www.pbase.com/mardoli>

No scarcity of photographic subjects living in a small European village.

Sigh

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LK
Leen_Koper
Feb 27, 2004
A very nice presentation indeed.
It is incredible that someone with such an exceptional taste doesnot notice people will leave as soon as possible due to the awful music.

Leen
SR
Schraven_Robert
Feb 27, 2004
Leen, you are right about the gallery.
The images want you to stay but the music drives you away. 🙂

Robert
SS
Susan_S.
Feb 27, 2004
If Mark was using Safari (as I suspect he does) then he would have been spared the music – I had to fire up IE (and then very rapidly close it down again!) to discover just how truly awful it was……
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 27, 2004
I only get the music on IE too, not NS. Just turn down the volume switch, or fire up iTunes really loud.
But her pictures and frames certainly are lovely.
Inspiration is really the name of her site. And she knows how to customize pbase even more, thats fun too.
Jane
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 27, 2004
Don’t you have a way of turning of the sound on your computers. If you are using a PC and there isn’t a switch on the speakers then go to your tool bar tray the icon that looks like a speaker will allow you to turn off the sound while you wander through this exceptional gallery

Grant
EW
Ed_Wurster
Feb 27, 2004
wrote:
I only get the music on IE too, not NS. Just turn down the volume switch, or fire up iTunes really loud. But her pictures and frames certainly are lovely.
Inspiration is really the name of her site. And she knows how to customize pbase even more, thats fun too. Jane

IE has an option to play sounds, and it can be turned off.

If you have a sound mixer, and there’s an option for Midi, the volume can be lowered.

Ed
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 27, 2004
The music really doesn’t bother me much, so I just turn it down anyway. But when I play my favourite music, the Blues, the volume goes up and up! Jane
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 27, 2004
"The Blues ain’t nothing but a good man feeling bad for the woman he once had"

Lover of the blues in Dundas

Grant
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 27, 2004
Hi Grant, Was looking at that Garage Band software that comes with the new Macs, very very impressive.
There is a kid who comes in to the store after school who is working on one of their G5s with a keyboard, wow!
Jane
J
jhjl1
Feb 27, 2004
Or as Sonny Boy Williamson might say "Fattening Frogs For Snakes".

Lover of the blues in Colorado.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
"The Blues ain’t nothing but a good man feeling bad for the woman he
once
had"

Lover of the blues in Dundas

Grant

MR
Mark_Reibman
Feb 27, 2004
Susan is right. I didn’t hear the music on Safari or I would have warned you. I read a negative comment about the music on her site and I assumed she got rid of it. Now you’ve got me curious. I’ll have to find a browser that can hear it.

You’re right about the music…awful. I guess she’s trying to do a multimedia show. Music not heard in Mozilla browsers either. Nice feature.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Feb 27, 2004
and i think to myself….what a wonderful world…..i happen to love that tune…too bad it got messed up.
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 27, 2004
I think that her music is the electronic stuff, you pick the clips that you want on your site, and they are endless loops. But one of my classmates knows how to put a real song on his site, he chose a good old instrumental of BBKings, I am trying to remember the name of it, but my BBKing CDs are in my truck. Got the song playing on the computer now, but I didn’t name the file.
I have just got to organize my music. When I get the iTunes thing on the new Mac, it will be the new version and be much better for organizing.
I do have a huge Blues collection, way back to 45rpms and a few 78s. Oh I am dating myself, and getting OT again. But it would be nice to have Blues instrumental background music on my site(Weather Channelish). And people like me who have music playing, might not want to have the web site play too, so have the option to click a button to turn it off, on the site.
Jane

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections