Looking for WALLPAPER – the kind that looks like wallpaper on your WALL not desktop!

DW
Posted By
Dave_Wilson
Nov 5, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys, I have a picture of a print I’ve done and I want to set it against some ‘virtual’ wallpaper. Anyone got something to do this please?

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bernie
Nov 5, 2006
Hum,

Shoot a wall with the desired wallpaper on it, then composite the two images?
P
Phosphor
Nov 5, 2006
The source for the "wallpaper" you use kind of depends on the commercial aspects of the piece.

Will it be used for profit, or is it just for your own personal not-for-profit use?

If the latter (and if you really don’t care that the entire image is not of your own design) there are literally thousands of places online where you could find repeating patterns that you could use. And there are even more images you could "borrow" for use in creating your own repeating patterns. Also, (and this is something I’ve done) I was at a local paint & wallcovering store and I grabbed a CD from a wallpaper manufacturer that had examples of every wallpaper thee company makes. There were many hundreds of patterns on the disk, of all different styles. It’s a nice source, but I wouldn’t ever use them in a commercial piece because those designs are copyrighted.

If the piece will be for profit (say, printed in a magazine advert, for example), I strongly recommend you create your own repeating patterns.
GD
george_dingwall
Nov 5, 2006
Hi Dave,

How about this.

Use it if you want it. I use a Genetica 2.5 to create wallpaper.

<http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/>

Hope this helps.
P
Phosphor
Nov 5, 2006
I have to admit I’m a little jealous that Genetica is Windows-only.
JJ
John Joslin
Nov 5, 2006
If you just want a neutral texture just try the settings in the Texture > Texturizer filter or your own mixture of filters such as noise/blur/distort.

It’s fun to experiment! 🙂
GD
george_dingwall
Nov 5, 2006
Hi again Dave,

If you don’t want to shell out for a third party program, you could always just build a paper pattern yourself in Photoshop.

Here’s one I knocked up in about 5 minutes.

This uses the texturizer filter mentioned by John for the background, a Brush for the snowflake and a custom shape for the rabbit. Careful distribution is all that is needed to get a clean repeating pattern.

Add a bit of style, drop shadow and a fur filter, and there you have it.

You ought to try it, it really is quite easy.
T
Talker
Nov 12, 2006
On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 02:31:36 -0800, wrote:

Hi guys, I have a picture of a print I’ve done and I want to set it against some ‘virtual’ wallpaper. Anyone got something to do this please?

Thanks.

Check out this site. They offer free textures of all colors and shapes. http://www.grsites.com/textures/

Talker

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections