J
Posted By
Joe
Nov 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, when I print onto photo paper with photo ink (hp deskjet 552) after a few weeks the colour fades. What if anything can I do to stop this. Thx. Joe

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 11, 2006
"Joe" wrote in message
Hi, when I print onto photo paper with photo ink (hp deskjet 552) after a few weeks the colour fades. What if anything can I do to stop this. Thx. Joe
Joe,

Are you using HP inks and papers or compatables?
Send them to http://photobox.co.uk and see how good they could look.

MH
J
Joe
Nov 11, 2006
"Mike Hyndman" <tell me yours and I’ll send > wrote in message
"Joe" wrote in message
Joe,

Are you using HP inks and papers or compatables?
Send them to http://photobox.co.uk and see how good they could look.

MH
HP inks and papers
Joe
J
Joe
Nov 11, 2006
"Talker" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:10:12 -0000, "Joe"
wrote:

Hi, when I print onto photo paper with photo ink (hp deskjet 552) after a
few weeks the colour fades. What if anything can I do to stop this. Thx. Joe

Well Joe, I tried to find some specs on your printer, and they weren’t too easy to find. How old is your printer? It might be that the inks your printer uses are not as good as the newer inks that HP makes, and they may fade faster, although a few weeks is extremely fast.
Where are your prints kept? Are they in frames under glass? Are they kept out of direct sunlight?
If they are kept under glass and out of direct sunlight, then the only thing I can think of is that, first, are the inks HP inks? (they may be counterfeit inks). If they are, then maybe the prints need to be placed somewhere else.
I had some prints that I hung on a bulletin board at work (printed with my HP 7550), and after a few months, the bright fluorescent lights caused them to fade. They weren’t under glass, but I don’t think that would have made a big difference, since the lights at work are high intensity lights.
HP’s new Vivera inks are supposed to be much better than their older inks, and unless your printer can use them, you might need to upgrade to one of their newer printers that uses them to solve the problem.

Talker
Thx for the info.
The ones under glass last longer but the colour still fades. Looks like it’s upgrade time.
Joe
T
Talker
Nov 11, 2006
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 15:10:12 -0000, "Joe"
wrote:

Well Joe, I tried to find some specs on your printer, and they weren’t too easy to find. How old is your printer? It might be that the inks your printer uses are not as good as the newer inks that HP makes, and they may fade faster, although a few weeks is extremely fast.
Where are your prints kept? Are they in frames under glass? Are they kept out of direct sunlight?
If they are kept under glass and out of direct sunlight, then the only thing I can think of is that, first, are the inks HP inks? (they may be counterfeit inks). If they are, then maybe the prints need to be placed somewhere else.
I had some prints that I hung on a bulletin board at work (printed with my HP 7550), and after a few months, the bright fluorescent lights caused them to fade. They weren’t under glass, but I don’t think that would have made a big difference, since the lights at work are high intensity lights.
HP’s new Vivera inks are supposed to be much better than their older inks, and unless your printer can use them, you might need to upgrade to one of their newer printers that uses them to solve the problem.

Talker

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections