EW
Posted By
ellis.wigley
Nov 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been searching all day for an answer to my little annoying problem.

I can’t seem to view a number of my fonts in Photoshop 7. I can type letters and everything still in another font, but when I switch to the font I need, it just becomes invisible. What’s strange though is that the font font still works in Flash, Word etc. Any advice peeps? I need an urgent helping hand as I’m a it’s a font I use day in, day out for my job!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 7, 2006
wrote in message

I can’t seem to view a number of my fonts in Photoshop 7. I can type letters and everything still in another font, but when I switch to the font I need, it just becomes invisible. What’s strange though is that the font font still works in Flash, Word etc. Any advice peeps? I need an urgent helping hand as I’m a it’s a font I use day in, day out for my job!

Ellis,

Things to try:

Rest the Character palette from the flyout menu.

Search your HD for adobefnt.LST.
Close photoshop, search, remove them all. They will be rebuilt when PS (or any Adobe app that uses them) restarts.

Lastly, Move your fonts to a folder on the desktop and then add them back to the Fonts Folder.

This solution allows you to check for damaged fonts. When you move the system fonts from the Fonts folder to the desktop, your operating system reinstalls undamaged versions of system fonts. When you add the fonts back into the Fonts folder you see a warning if there is a damaged font. You can then reinstall a clean version of any damaged font.

1. Create a new folder on the desktop and name it Moving Fonts.

2. Open My Computer on the desktop.

3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).

4. Open the WINDOWS folder.

5. Open the Fonts folder and the Moving Fonts folder that you created in Step 1.

6. Click the Fonts folder and select all the fonts (Ctrl + A).

7. Drag the fonts from the Fonts folder to the Moving Fonts folder. If prompted, confirm that you want to move the fonts.

Note: When you remove fonts from the Fonts folder, it is repopulated immediately with several fonts. These are the Windows system fonts. Do not remove them after they’ve been reinstalled into the Fonts folder by Windows.

8. Click the Moving Fonts folder. Select all the fonts, and drag them back into the Windows/Fonts folder.

Note: If you receive an error message that some fonts cannot be copied because they might be damaged, click OK. You may need to reinstall these fonts from the original source at a later time.

9. After you move the fonts back into the Windows/Fonts folder, you can delete the Moving Fonts folder and any fonts remaining in it.

10. Restart Windows and open Photoshop.

HTH
MH
K
km
Nov 8, 2006
On 7 Nov 2006 08:53:36 -0800, wrote:

May be something to do with your Preferences.

I had a similar problem once and one solution was to open an old psd file where fonts worked satisfactorily and then resave that file with a new name I then removed the work that was present and carried out the new work. After finishing with that file Photoshop retained the last used settings including the normal usage of Fonts

km
EW
ellis.wigley
Nov 8, 2006
Hello mate, thanks for the response. I tried that and it didn’t work =(. Thanks to both of you for your suggestions though!

Mike Hyndman wrote:
wrote in message

Ellis,

Things to try:

Rest the Character palette from the flyout menu.

Search your HD for adobefnt.LST.
Close photoshop, search, remove them all. They will be rebuilt when PS (or any Adobe app that uses them) restarts.

Lastly, Move your fonts to a folder on the desktop and then add them back to the Fonts Folder.

This solution allows you to check for damaged fonts. When you move the system fonts from the Fonts folder to the desktop, your operating system reinstalls undamaged versions of system fonts. When you add the fonts back into the Fonts folder you see a warning if there is a damaged font. You can then reinstall a clean version of any damaged font.

1. Create a new folder on the desktop and name it Moving Fonts.
2. Open My Computer on the desktop.

3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).

4. Open the WINDOWS folder.

5. Open the Fonts folder and the Moving Fonts folder that you created in Step 1.

6. Click the Fonts folder and select all the fonts (Ctrl + A).
7. Drag the fonts from the Fonts folder to the Moving Fonts folder. If prompted, confirm that you want to move the fonts.

Note: When you remove fonts from the Fonts folder, it is repopulated immediately with several fonts. These are the Windows system fonts. Do not remove them after they’ve been reinstalled into the Fonts folder by Windows.
8. Click the Moving Fonts folder. Select all the fonts, and drag them back into the Windows/Fonts folder.

Note: If you receive an error message that some fonts cannot be copied because they might be damaged, click OK. You may need to reinstall these fonts from the original source at a later time.

9. After you move the fonts back into the Windows/Fonts folder, you can delete the Moving Fonts folder and any fonts remaining in it.
10. Restart Windows and open Photoshop.

HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Nov 8, 2006
wrote in message
Hello mate, thanks for the response. I tried that and it didn’t work =(. Thanks to both of you for your suggestions though!
E,

Try opening the font from Control Panel>Fonts (double click it)

Copy the font(s) into the Adobe common fonts folder location (Program Files\Common\Adobe\Fonts), then open Photoshop.

Have you tried deleting your prefs file as per the help file? Restart PS with the ctrl+alt+shift keys held down, if you get the timing right, you will be asked if you want to delete the file, you do. Another will be created at startup.

HTH
MH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections