M
Posted By
mjosta
Dec 10, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have about 300 photos in a folder that need to be changed from rgb to cmyk. is there a way to set up an action/batch process to open, change color, save, close, open next <repeat>… in other words i want to automate this task so i don’t have to sit in front of the computer for hours.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 10, 2006
Yes. Record a new action from the Actions palette. Don’t include Open in the steps.

Look up Actions and Automate in the manual or Help.
M
mjosta
Dec 10, 2006
right, but then i would have to sit there and open each file, or a group of files at a time. is there a way to get it to open a file run action, close, then open the next file in the folder and repeat?
DR
Donald_Reese
Dec 10, 2006
No you dont. just setup the action using one file to create the action. then you just run the batch command on the whole folder. make sure you have a backup set of these images in another spot in case you screw up. i usually make a duplicate set,and then run my action,saving to a new folder,and then i just check that folder when the action is done running to make sure all is well. name your action something like- rgb to cmyk, and make sure that action is selected when you go to run it.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 10, 2006
When you run an action under Automate>Batch it automatically opens each file. If you specify an Open step in an action it will open the specified file over and over.

As I said, read up about Actions and Automate in the manual or Help.
M
mjosta
Dec 10, 2006
thanks alot, you guys rock!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections