Photoshop CS2 Crashes Upon Load (Loading Twain…)

DV
Posted By
don_vanderloo
Dec 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I think I may have messed up here, and hope someone can walk me through a fix. In an attempt to free up some hard disk space, I "deleted" some files that I no longer use including Photoshop CS as well as all other components of the CS Suite (not CS2). By deleting, I mean I dragged the folders to the trash and emptied the trash. I am working on a Mac G5 if that comes into play. Anyway, now my Photoshop CS2 is not working. I get to the "Loading Twain …" pane and the app crashes prompting me to report to Apple. All other components of my CS2 Suite still work fine, just Photoshop is affected. I re-installed Photoshop last night, and am still unable to open it. Today I downloaded and installed the CS2 ps901.dmg and ps902.dmg, but that didn’t help. I ran the Adobe Updater and all programs are up to date. I really, REALLY need to fix this in a hurry. I’m a one man shop web designer, and this down time is costing me in more ways than one. Any help would be abundantly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Dec 9, 2006
Put a tilde(~) in front of your Twain driver and use the scanner software as a stand alone.
DV
don_vanderloo
Dec 9, 2006
Excellent! That did it!!

Question: I manually, using the CS2 Suite PDF directions, uninstalled Version Cue last night hoping that it would fix my Photoshop problem. I then went back to the install disc to re-install, and it says that Version Cue is already installed although there is a yellow triangle next to the option which is greyed out and not selectable. I did a search for "Version Cue", on my hard drive and the only result returned was an alias for the Version Cue uninstaller. There is no Version Cue folder in my apps folder. It doesn’t appear anywhere on my hard drive although the installer disc says it’s there. Strange. Any ideas? Anything I should be concerned with?

Thanks, and thanks again for bailing me out on the other issue!
B
Buko
Dec 9, 2006
I don’t use Version Cue you might ask in the Version Cue forum if you want to use it if not don’t worry about it.

If you have a Mactel, Version Cue doesn’t work anyway
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Dec 9, 2006
I believe that you MUST use the VC Uninstaller to remove VC properly.

You might try running the Uninstaller anyway and see if that cleans it out — otherwise wou will probably need to run a Search for anything with Version Cue in its name and delete them all manually.

[The same thing applies to removing Acrobat Pro.]
JM
John McWilliams
Dec 9, 2006
wrote:
I believe that you MUST use the VC Uninstaller to remove VC properly.
You might try running the Uninstaller anyway and see if that cleans it out — otherwise wou will probably need to run a Search for anything with Version Cue in its name and delete them all manually.

[The same thing applies to removing Acrobat Pro.]

Version cue also installs into the System Prefs panel. Hold down Control key to remove.

Where does one fine a VC uninstaller?

John McWilliams
J
jaysoncbrown
Jan 17, 2007
Hi
I have the same problem with my photoshop cs2 crashing at the loading twain

was wondering if you could explain in more detail how you fixed the error?

thank you
B
Buko
Jan 17, 2007
put a tilde in front of the TWAINplugin
SB
stephanie_beckers
Jan 18, 2007
I also had the same problem and was installing CS2 over and over but now it is working again THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections