M
Posted By
mx-mom
Feb 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the best way to convert a scanned photo into a coloring book page? I tried the recipe box, but the dark colors

are too dark. Is there a filter that I can get on the internet for this? I then need to convert to a pdf format, is this possible with photoshope elements?

Thanks,

Mx-MoM

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
Byron Gale
Feb 24, 2004
Mx-MoM,

One treatment that I found reminiscent of a coloring book…

Filter > Sketch > Photocopy… Set Detail to the low end, and Darkness to the high end. Repeat applications of the same filter will continue to strengthen the outline effect.

HTH,

Byron
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 24, 2004
<Byron Gale> wrote
…Repeat applications of the same filter will continue to strengthen the outline effect.

I should add that you may want to change the settings for detail on subsequent applications of the Photocopy filter, depending on your preference.
PD
Pete_D
Feb 24, 2004
Looks good Byron.

Can also try converting the image to greyscale and then using the "find edges" filter or "trace contour" seems to work better on some images.

If it needs more adjcstment try Enhance / brightness and contrast / levels and move the sliders.

Pete
M
mx-mom
Feb 25, 2004
thank you Pete and Byron. I will give it a try tomorrow. Mx-MoM

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections