WE
Posted By
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying to find out the title of this book … have searched the forum but all I keep turning up is "Katrin Eisemann’s book".

Also there is some reference to book 1 and book 2 … is that two different versions? … and is there much difference?

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SS
Susan_S.
Feb 23, 2004
"Restoration and Retouching" I have the first edition which was written for PS6 – the second edition is for PS7 . Can’t comment on the difference – I think Chuck may have both. It’s an extremely useful resource, although you sometimes have to use a bit of lateral thinking to get all the tricks to work in Elements – there are a few that just won’t but most will (eventually!).

Susan S.
R
RobertHJones
Feb 23, 2004
Wendy,

The book is "Photoshop Restoration & Retouching". Take a look at http://www.digitalretouch.org/ for a detailed table of contents for both editions, sample chapters, etc.

I have both editions. I bought the 1st edition and was impressed enough to buy the 2nd when it came out. There is a good deal of overlap but Katrin has revised much of the material and extended some of the chapters. I’d recommend the 2nd edition.

The book is oriented towards the full Photoshop (The 2nd edition is written to PS 7 — whose engine is used in Elements 2.0) but much can be done with Elements.

It’s a good book, highly recommended.

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 23, 2004
Hi Susan & Bob,

Thanks so much for the information … I have done a little research and it looks as thought the second edition is not available in the UK !!! Hopefully it will be soon ……

Thanks for all your help.

Wendy
SS
Susan_S.
Feb 23, 2004
That’s odd Wendy – it’s been out here since before Christmas..and books usually seem to take the scenic route across the Pacific to Australia…. I would have thought that the Atlantic crossing would have been shorter!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Feb 23, 2004
Maybe GB, now that the EU is gaining ground, has become more like the France and has a Language Purity Bureau prohibiting books not written in English. ‘Markan probably doesn’t count ;-).

g.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 24, 2004
What GB have a Language Purity Bureau … with its wonderful mix of Latin, Ancient Greek, Norman French, Old Welsh, German, etc, etc, etc …. not to mention Anglo Saxon … No way would we subscribe to a LPB!!

We have no objections to "Le Weekend in Paris" …

Susan … it does seem odd all the book sites have the first edition but none the second. Have just sent an email to KE asking why!!

I don’t really fancy paying £30/£40 for an old version (In fact it is quoted on Bookbrain as being out of print!!)

Wendy
MR
Mark_Reibman
Feb 24, 2004
BTW. Katrin does address Photoshop Elements users concerns about accessibility in her second edition. She mentions Hidden Powers as a perfect compliment to her book if you do have Elements.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 25, 2004
Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for the information … I have just checked it out and it looks as if it isn’t on sale in the UK but some sellers are importing it and reselling … seems very odd undeed !!

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 25, 2004
Wendy, you might want to go to Katrin’s website and leave her a message about that. She does answer her e-mail!

Chuck
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 25, 2004
Her website is www.digitalretouch.org and she is
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 25, 2004
Chuck,

I emailed her yesterday and had a reply earlier … as far as she was aware it was on sale in the UK.

Maybe I will go for an import .. but I’m never sure if they will arrive or not 🙂

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 25, 2004
Wendy, that’s good; at least she’s aware of a potential distribution problem. Maybe a follow-up with the publisher (www.newriders.com) would shed some more light…

p.s. Love that picture of your backyard (with the fountain) in Challenge #55! Must be a heckuva place to heat….!
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 25, 2004
Chuck,

Glad you like the backyard !!! … heating can be a problem in the winter and it takes heck of a lot of servants to keep it clean!!!.

For more information see:

<http://www.hrp.org.uk/webcode/hampton_home.asp>

Wendy 🙂 🙂
PL
Paul_L_UK
Feb 25, 2004
Wendy

Sorry, the link may have been individual to my log-in, but I can buy it from Amazon.co.uk. Went through the whole process and could ship in 24hrs.

The ISBN is 0735713502, if that helps.

Paul
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Feb 26, 2004
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information … have now found it and hope to order it tomorrow.

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 26, 2004
Wendy, glad you got the distribution problem fixed! You’re really going to like the book.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections