M
Posted By
Malameel
Oct 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every year, I have to do a yellow page advertisement, and every year, it is the most difficult task to accomplish because of one stipulation. The ink levels at no point can exceed 220. It would be so nice if it just naturally clip the levels that exceed that stipulation, but instead it seems to remaps the color space.

What is an easy way to accomplish this without just a profile so that the image is presented that way since profiles are often lost? Maybe I am over thinking the problem, but any help would be appreciated.

So far, I can only manually fix the image, which isn’t too bad since our ads in the yellow pages often have few images, and the vector elements are so easy to tweak.

Now I did a search and found one post, but no answers in that thread, so any recent takers on the issue?
Thanks,
M

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
Oct 25, 2006
You can set the Max ink coverage by creating a custom CMYK profile.

Edit>Colour Settings>CMYK>Custom CMYK and set the Total Ink Limit to desired value

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections