DS
Posted By
David Skidmore
Aug 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a geforce in the agp and a matrox in the pci with a 17 monitor plugged into each.

Please, step by step, how do I configure the system so that PS7 is on both so that I can put the image on the left screen and the tools on the right and so that the cursor moves from one screen to the other. I would appreciate it if someone could give me the instructions today.

dc

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

D
DOMTEK
Aug 9, 2003
I’m not sure if this will be much help since I do it with an agp card that supports two monitors. I assume that these two cards are compatable with each other so that it’s even possible.
I think you have to do it from the display settings in the control panel. There should be two monitors
in the window when you hit the settings tab. You click on each monitor and set the resolution for each. Changing the refresh for each monitor may also change the window size. You should then be able to open up adobe and drag pallets around to your taste. They should open in that config. when you open adobe.

Here are some links:
< http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/howto/story/0,24330,233878 6,00.html>

<http://www.hereontheweb.com/dual/>

< http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/howto/jump/0,24331,3339152 ,00.html>
AP
Andrew Pietrzyk
Aug 9, 2003
First enter BIOS and make sure AGP is your primary video (usually PCI becomes primary by default when you install PCI video card).

Go to Display Properties> Settings, select monitor #2 and check “Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor”. That’s all there is to it.

You can now drag tools and pallets outside of PS application window onto the second monitor.

Andrew
KD
Kathy Davie
Aug 30, 2003
Same question but with a twist…I’m installing a GeForce FX dual display video card and my aim is to have the full image on 1 monitor and a zoomed-in image to work on in the primary monitor. When I make a change in primary, I want to be able to glance over and see the overall picture. So far, I can get the same exact picture on both monitors and NOT the full – zoomed picture I want.

In trying your suggestions to extend the desktop, I still get exactly the same with palettes on both screens…Help..! Kathy Davie
P
Phosphor
Aug 30, 2003
Go to the window menu in Photoshop and select Documents/New window. It give you two different views of the same image.
KD
Kathy Davie
Sep 4, 2003
Hi Eric, not to worry…I can’t change the zoom independently. When I zoom in/out on one, the other screen image mirrors it perfectly. It’s very frustrating..! Kathy
I
icurate
Sep 4, 2003
It sounds like your monitors are set to mirror each other instead of having an extended desktop. I just spent 20 minutes going through the help looking for how to set to mirror, to no avail.
I’ll keep looking though.
KD
Kathy Davie
Sep 4, 2003
Thank you!! I hadn’t thought of the mirroring thing…I’ll search on that as well. Kathy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections