CS
Posted By
Clive_Schaupmeyer
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On a whim I purchased a pen and tablet writing tool (stylus) the other day. I create "from scratch" line drawings for embroidery designs for my wife’s computerized sewing machine and figured this would work better for drawing than a mouse.

Well it does work well for drawing AND it works great to add hand written text to photo images in Elements. The stylus is really just mouse that you hold just like a pen with which you can write accurately. (Try writing your name with a regular mouse.)

Once it is set up (a snap), in Elements you simply select the pencil tool (in the color you want) and write away.

It is fast (way faster than using the typing tool) an adds more of an "old fashion" style to your pictures.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 22, 2004
Clive, great suggestion! Now if only my handwriting were legible…

🙂
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 22, 2004
Hi Clive, I too bought one but don’t use it much, but this morning with your reminder, I’ve been practising with it. I think that I could really get used to it quickly, as you sure can outmaneuver the mouse.
Jane
BE
Bob_E._Warren
Feb 22, 2004
An advantage of the stylus is that it can respond to pressure to vary the thickness of a line. Wacom has software that transfers this feature to a number of Elements’ tools. I use mine a lot.
Bob Warren
JC
Jane_Carter
Feb 22, 2004
I have been using mine today, but sometimes I find that when I draw a lot without letting the stylus up, that Elements will freeze up the computer. I wonder why? Could I be drawing too fast?
Won’t do this if I’m using the mouse.
Jane
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 22, 2004
Adding to Bob’s post, the pressure sensitivity is great for applying paint. I use my G3 all the time. It took a bit to get use to but since I have grown accustomed to it’s operation it feels more natural than the mouse ever did.

Terri
ML
Marty_Landolt
Feb 22, 2004
I use my Wacom pen and pad 99% of the time, mostly because it is much easier on my hand and wrist. I haven’t tried yet to do the pressure stuff, but know I’m missing out by not giving it a good workout.
Marty
E
East-of-lake
Feb 22, 2004
Some Q’s:

Which tablet is it?
How much did it cost?
What’s your setup; i.e. CPU, RAM, OS, etc.

wrote in message
On a whim I purchased a pen and tablet writing tool (stylus) the other
day. I create "from scratch" line drawings for embroidery designs for my wife’s computerized sewing machine and figured this would work better for drawing than a mouse.
Well it does work well for drawing AND it works great to add hand written
text to photo images in Elements. The stylus is really just mouse that you hold just like a pen with which you can write accurately. (Try writing your name with a regular mouse.)
Once it is set up (a snap), in Elements you simply select the pencil tool
(in the color you want) and write away.
It is fast (way faster than using the typing tool) an adds more of an "old
fashion" style to your pictures.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections