How do I convert PDF or PS file to video format?

RS
Posted By
Richard_Sohanchyk
Dec 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do a journal for a client every year. I then send a PDF or JPG of the 10 biggest donors to the client who then forwards to their video guy to flash the ads or logo on a video screen during the dinner. Looks like crap every year.

This year they requested video files in 720×480 resolution. So I created a blank 720 pixel wide x 480 pixel high PS template. I copy my ads and scale proportionately to make fit. I saved them as jpgs for now but the guy was adamant that NO jpgs, pdfs, tifs, etc will be accepted. What’s left besides GIF?

Am I going about this correctly? How do I send my 10 ads at the correct resolution so they display crisply on screen? Thanks in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Dec 3, 2006
Targa
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 3, 2006
This guy doing the video is clueless.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Dec 3, 2006
What format did he state was acceptable? It seems a lot easier to specify one format that is acceptable than 200+ other image formats that are not acceptable.
I
iGary
Dec 3, 2006
He probably wants .ppt format! Or maybe .xls!

🙂
JO
Jim_Oblak
Dec 3, 2006
Why are we criticizing the video guy? Maybe he has a valid reason for not accepting those formats. The responsibility is on Richard to ask the video guy what format is acceptable. Forum users have no clue what process the guy is using. Sure, it seems silly why a video guy cannot convert formats but it seems infinitely sillier that Richard would not ask what format is suitable.
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 4, 2006
Whatever process he’s using, it should accept JPEG and TIFF.
RS
Richard_Sohanchyk
Dec 4, 2006
I was contracted to design a print piece. My contact at the end of the project, says, oh by the way, send x ads in video format for me to forward. That’s the extent of my instructions. After I remitted jpgs, my contact says his video guy doesn’t want PDFs or jpgs. In the past, I’ve always remitted JPGS to my clients and they took it from there.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Dec 4, 2006
Tell your client to go to school like the others that have the knowledge to do something that does not look like shit. And tell them to plan their projects for once in their life.
RS
Richard_Sohanchyk
Dec 4, 2006
LOL! Yeah! And I’ll him to take the $5000 I made with him.

I heard directly from the video expert. jpgs are now fine as long as they are 720×480. I’m assuming 72 dpi works for video display.
B
Buko
Dec 4, 2006
If its 720 X 480 pixels ppi is irrelivant.
RS
Richard_Sohanchyk
Dec 4, 2006
So I just make a file that 720 pixels wide by 480 pixels high and leave res at 300? Thanks.
M
madvibes
Dec 4, 2006
just leave it at its native resolution, whether 300 or 72 or whatever

wrote:
So I just make a file that 720 pixels wide by 480 pixels high and leave res at 300? Thanks.
B
Buko
Dec 4, 2006
or anything you want.
JO
Jim_Oblak
Dec 4, 2006
send x ads in video format for me to forward

Perhaps the reason why all the previous years’ looked so bad is that folks took this literally and set a VHS camcorder in front of their monitor to record the logo to video. That is how you could submit this in video format. 🙂

Don’t forget to have Photoshop compensate for non-square video pixels when you prepare the logo.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections