ML
Posted By
Mary_Lou_Frost
Nov 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have printed an 8.5 x 11 page of 4 images on photo paper (matte) and I forgot to include a small inset picture. When I go to reprint the page deactivating all layers except the one I forgot to print, I can’t make the inset opaque. In layer pallette I have chosen 100% opacity but the tiny picture prints as if it were transparent. This allows the picture under it to show through.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Mary Lou

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Nov 27, 2006
You mean you are printing the "small inset picture" on the already printed page? Right on top of where something else had been printed before?

I’m not sure exactly what you are describing.
ML
Mary_Lou_Frost
Nov 27, 2006
Yes, Ramon. I had printed the entire page with the four pictures but had left out a tiny inset picture of a person. I am trying to print the already printed page again but only add the tiny inset picture.

The background image shows through. I want the inset picture to be opaque.

ML
B
Bernie
Nov 27, 2006
Print on a new sheet of paper
ML
Mary_Lou_Frost
Nov 27, 2006
Ramon, I know I have done this before when I was working in a word processor. Can I do this in Photosho?

ML
ML
Mary_Lou_Frost
Nov 27, 2006
Cybernetic Nomad,

This is a holiday card. I want to add the little picture, not print it alone a another piece of paper.

ML
B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
Mary, the ink is on the paper printing over something that has ink on it will not remove the ink that is there. Word will not do this either. What CN is telling you to do is. Prepare the file as it needs to be printed with all the layers turned on and print it again on a fresh sheet of paper.
R
Ram
Nov 27, 2006
ML,

Regardless of the application you are using, you absolutely cannot print anything over an already printed image and not expect the underlying image not to show through. It doesn’t matter if it’s Photoshop or a word processor.

It would ONLY work if you were printing the small image over a BLANK space on your print. This is what might have happened with your word processing image,
ML
Mary_Lou_Frost
Nov 27, 2006
Okay, this means that I must toss out 25 printed copes where I forgot the inset. I did a check and found that the rest of the copies will be okay when the inset is in place before I print it.

Too bad! I guess I’ll have to proof more carefully next time before I start printing. The trouble occurred when I decided to do the page on PS for better quality color reproduction. When I recreated the page in PS I forgot to include the inset photo. (It had originally been created as an Appleworks Draw document.)

Thanks for your help.

Maybe I can print multiple copies of the tiny picture and attach it to the page with a bit of rubber cement!

ML
B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
I guess I’ll have to proof more carefully next time before I start printing.

This is always best. Along the lines of measure twice cut once.
B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
Maybe I can print multiple copies of the tiny picture and attach it to the page with a bit of rubber cement!

Use a little spring and call it art.
P
Phosphor
Nov 27, 2006
"Use a little spring and call it art."

Funny…that’s the first thing that popped into my mind as well.
B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
Great minds think alike. B)
PT
Phil_Taz
Nov 28, 2006
Fools rarely differ ;^)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections