IP
Posted By
Ignazio_Pacces
Nov 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i’m not really sure if this topic has already been discussed. to me it happens and it’s really a pain. it’s not a new issue, it’s possible it did happen with previous versions too, at first i just stopped to use the tool, but actually i think would be better to solve the problem at the root. here what happens: when i use the magnetic lazo tool and by mistake, or because i need to, i go outside the canvas, photoshop freeze, the mac colorful ball start to spin and then nothing more happens till i force quit photoshop (cs2 in this case). once i didn’t have haurry i went out to get a coffe and when i came back all was the same. this issue do not affect the system, because after i force quit (or maybe sometime it crash by itself, i’m not really sure now) and start photoshop again everything is fine.. the problem is that when this happens you loose all the unsaved changes!!!!
regards
Ignazio Pacces

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
I have found that making selections with the pen tool is much more accurate, you can go outside the image, and if you save the path you can use it later.

Not many people use the magnetic lasso because of this.
IP
Ignazio_Pacces
Nov 27, 2006
I agree with you. also if depends if you really need an accurate selection. and you can save also selection as alpha channel or as path. just i don’t understand why, if i want to use the magnetic tool in this way, i can’t. it’s a problem of my system (so i must find out which, before it’s too late) or it’s a known issue?
regards
B
Buko
Nov 27, 2006
Does it happen in a new user?

If not you have corruption in the old user.
IP
Ignazio_Pacces
Nov 27, 2006
well, i’ve done some tries, and i must say that it doesn’t always happen. actually in these tries i’ve just done never did. when it occurred it was always with big resolutions and heavy layered files.. not always just sometimes, because i don’t use magnetic lazo very ofte myself.
just wrote about it to see if it’s a photoshop bug or not. regards
CB
charles badland
Nov 27, 2006
Happens here too… sometimes. Not very repeatable.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections